my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » CFS2 Feezes my PC, help

Author Topic: CFS2 Feezes my PC, help
motoadve
Member # 7678

posted 11-27-2000 03:53 PM     Profile for motoadve   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
During a mission or campaing the PC freezes and I need to reboot.

This is the only Program that does this to my PC.
Everything worked good for the past 3 weeks until now, I have uninstalled, deleted and re installed CFS2 many times so far and no fix.

Any ideas??

Posts: 45 | From: San Jose Costa Rica | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
L/D
Member # 7938

posted 11-27-2000 04:40 PM     Profile for L/D   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Motoadve, I had the same problem I was running an amd 1ghz thunderbird with dx8, and hercules prophet2 5.12 drivers. The first thing I tried was to cut off theagp accleration in the dxdaig program. This worked for a while but it still froze up. So I checked for any IRQ conflicts with any of my cards, (which usually causes game locks) but their were none. So I completely uninstalled the deneator 3 drivers, by going into safe mode and deleting the drivers by add and remove programs, and manually deleting the .ini file by using this path: windows/ini/other and deleting the video driver .ini file. And reinstalled the origional 5.12 drivers, every thing works fine now. I know how flustrating game lock ups can be ........hope this helps

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.