my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Flight Models 1.8 available

Author Topic: Flight Models 1.8 available
Wells
Member # 7315

posted 11-23-2000 01:18 PM     Profile for Wells   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Changes to CG position back to default.
Changes to propwash effect over elevator.
Added C-47
Changes to ground handling of tail draggers. They are easier to tip over on the nose if one isn't careful while braking.

Flight Models v1.8

Kraut
Member # 513

posted 11-23-2000 01:33 PM     Profile for Kraut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm on it Herr Wells! Danke!!
FWIW,
Good Hunting!

Posts: 754 | From: Kitchener Ont. Can. | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
SR
Member # 7183

posted 11-24-2000 03:05 PM     Profile for SR   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
TY sir

------------------
Cheers SR

A air flight start page

Posts: 142 | From: Michigan , USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Kadin
Member # 7372

posted 11-24-2000 03:18 PM     Profile for Kadin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you. No need for immediate and radical pitch trimming on the hellcat anymore.
I appreciate your efforts.
Take care

HarryM
Member # 1395

posted 11-25-2000 10:21 AM     Profile for HarryM   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Do these include the stall buffet sound as done by Meatwater? (stall horn activated)
Posts: 1130 | From: Salinas, CA USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
BurninVernon
Member # 3813

posted 11-25-2000 08:10 PM     Profile for BurninVernon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mr. Wells,

I installed your latest flight models, but I have a problem. I started a new campaign on the American side. However, upon takeoff from Wake all of the planes in my flight nosed over upon takeoff and crashed before they left the ground. I reinstalled 1.7 and they takeoff fine. So obviously something is amiss. Thought you'd want to know incase you haven't noticed.

BurninVernon out...

Posts: 34 | From: Las Vegas, NV USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Blond_Knight
Member # 67

posted 11-25-2000 09:14 PM     Profile for Blond_Knight     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I noticed the same thing...in 1.8 the AI is unable to takeoff in the Wildcat.

------------------
See-Decide-Attack-Reverse

Posts: 1093 | From: Richmond Va - Capital of the Confederacy | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Krusty the Brave
Member # 7252

posted 11-25-2000 11:26 PM     Profile for Krusty the Brave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
and Corsair...It seems the flaps cause you to rotate all the way over...through a prop strike and then boom!
Not a prob for my aircraft...just apply a little back pressure when taking off...but the AI aircraft crash...
Poor devils.....

Posts: 26 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Wells
Member # 7315

posted 11-25-2000 11:31 PM     Profile for Wells   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep, I'll have to fix that!
MagenDavid
Member # 3784

posted 11-25-2000 11:47 PM     Profile for MagenDavid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
same here, all wingies nose dive during takeoff n crash !

must be the brakes thing

MartinK
Member # 7795

posted 11-26-2000 06:43 AM     Profile for MartinK   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What about just sticking to the original FMs?

Just a thought...

Martin

Posts: 33 | From: Sandefjord, Norway | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Willem
Member # 6591

posted 11-26-2000 07:02 AM     Profile for Willem   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As I understand, this nose-over thing was a risk in real life, Pilots had to keep there stick pulled back to keep the tail from lifting up during take-off.

So, the flight-model might be real, but itís the AI that canít handle a real flight-model.

[This message has been edited by Willem (edited 11-26-2000).]

Posts: 73 | From: Holland | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Blond_Knight
Member # 67

posted 11-26-2000 07:46 AM     Profile for Blond_Knight     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Willem:
So, the flight-model might be real, but itís the AI that canít handle a real flight-model.

LOL I had the same thought last night as I was posting, but my final thought was: If its so real that the AI cant fly it, then its too real. Because w/o AI (IE multiplay) this game is below par.

------------------
See-Decide-Attack-Reverse

Posts: 1093 | From: Richmond Va - Capital of the Confederacy | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
TBird66
Member # 4720

posted 11-26-2000 10:24 AM     Profile for TBird66   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've just lost all!! of my wingman at the start. As far as I could see, they all dropped over and BOOOOOOOM, I was alone against the attacking B 25's (of course I missed the missions goals)
I think I go back to v1.7 till this problem is fixed.

TBird

Posts: 350 | From: Germany | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
TBird66
Member # 4720

posted 11-26-2000 12:18 PM     Profile for TBird66   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I forgot to say: Thanks Wells for your hard work. I've personally tried to tweak some settings to get flight characteristics that match my personal taste and I know how time-consuming the testing is.
I hope the actual problems with FM1.8 could be solved (and if that means to go back to more "unrealistic" settings, it's o.k. For me, the fun is more important than ultra-realistic-settings)

TBird

Wells
Member # 7315

posted 11-26-2000 04:07 PM     Profile for Wells   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No problem TBird,

I can fix it without compromising too much.

TBird66
Member # 4720

posted 11-26-2000 04:26 PM     Profile for TBird66   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aaah, I think this will be your first "service pack"

Cheers =

TBird

Pfarrer
Member # 5090

posted 11-27-2000 08:46 AM     Profile for Pfarrer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The great thing about the collective nose-over is that they all yell "bailing-out" just before they explode. Cracked me up! Looking forward to the fix, however. Thanks Wells.

------------------
Pfarrer
"Omnes enim qui acceperint gladium, gladio peribunt."

Posts: 20 | From: Harrow, Ontario | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
colt51
Member # 8207

posted 11-27-2000 10:00 AM     Profile for colt51   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Where can I get ver. 1.7????

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.