my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » CFS, CFS 2, and the Zone

Author Topic: CFS, CFS 2, and the Zone
Adler66
Member # 8112

posted 11-22-2000 11:57 AM     Profile for Adler66   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I recently installed Win ME and now find I cannot play my old favorite CFS on the Zone. I get to the Zone and through all the steps to a selected game. Then, when I click on "join", CFS starts from the introductory video as if I were playing alone. If I exit CFS I'm back at the game selection window telling me not to cancel for 3 minutes since it may take that long for the game to start. I can wait until the cows come home and nothing happens. The new CFS 2 plays fine on the zone for me. The only other changes to my system was the newer version of Sygate (internet sharing software) which was necessitated by the change to Win ME. However, even when I turn off Sygate I have the same problem with CFS. I've reinstalled the Zone software and done a clean reinstall of CFS. I sure would appreciate any ideas or suggestions. Many thanks

------------------

Posts: 2 | From: Marco Island, Florida, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
JG51_GIJeff_<<+
Member # 2099

posted 11-23-2000 07:25 PM     Profile for JG51_GIJeff_<<+   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Adler,

Did you UPGRADE to Windows ME from 98 or do a full install? That can make a HUGE difference in the stability and viability of any OS. I, personally, won't even consider upgrading ANY M$ operating system. A clean install of the OS might be your next step, and will be much less painfull than trying to fix a borked OS. It is a last resort, but might be necessary.

JG51_GIJeff_<<+

Posts: 99 | From: Pittsburgh, PA 15003 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Adler66
Member # 8112

posted 11-23-2000 10:05 PM     Profile for Adler66   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Jeff,
You were right in your guess that I did an upgrade from Win 98 SE. I had no idea that it would differ from a full install. Thanks
Adler66

Posts: 2 | From: Marco Island, Florida, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Snapdad2112
Member # 2780

posted 11-23-2000 11:20 PM     Profile for Snapdad2112     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, it may or it MAY NOT.

Go to www.firingsquad.com and read what they had to say between stability and performance differences between Win98SE and WinME.

Just read that today, was surprised...

Posts: 69 | From: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.