my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Corsair Bomb/Rocket fix ?

Author Topic: Corsair Bomb/Rocket fix ?
rjm
Member # 1373

posted 11-22-2000 10:28 AM     Profile for rjm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I replaced the .dp file with GP's fix, looking for rockets....still don't see em! a 250 lb bomb shows up on the rockets/bomb option but no rockets. On the Rockets option I see nothing. I tried the download from his site and the one at combatfs. Both give the same results.
-------------------------------------------
Soooo...I just went to the Hangar and downloaded Krazy's fix and now I see the fuel pod but, again....no rockets. Must be my files somewhere but I haven't made any other changes....is there another file you have to modify for the rockets to show up? I'm playing a mission, would the mission itself not allow rockets? Any ideas would be appreciated....tks.
rjm.

[This message has been edited by rjm (edited 11-22-2000).]

Posts: 264 | From: Fairview, Michigan | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Drew Ames
Member # 7846

posted 11-22-2000 11:41 AM     Profile for Drew Ames   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Check out the Corsair weapons mod at
http://www.FlyAndFight.com/

-Drew

rjm
Member # 1373

posted 11-22-2000 01:22 PM     Profile for rjm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No, its my files. I discovered that you not only have to put the downloaded file into your 'Aircraft' folder, but you also must delete the existing .CDP file, in the same ('Aircraft'/'Corsair') file, that you put the new .dp file. Very simple, guess I should have read the manuel, just didn't know that. I was hoping you computer wizzards would tell us FNG that sort of stuff in the 'read me'.......I'm gettin' lazy I guess.
For all you other New Guys....thats what you have to do to make the rockets/bombs etc. work when you replace the new .dp file. Your computer will generate a new .cdp file when you start up the game and select the Corsair. But, as always, backup the old one just incase.
S.
rjm.

Bigshot
Member # 4

posted 11-22-2000 01:25 PM     Profile for Bigshot   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had problems with badbooze's corsair rocket file that I downloaded from Fly&fight.com. The .dp file worked in that I had the rockets and they fired ok; problem is the file knocked out my forcefeedback. MSSWFFB1 stick. Had no feedback on ailerons, rudder or elevators. Still had it on machine guns. It was weird in that the stick moved very hard. Matter of fact could hardly move it left and right. I immediately deleted the file and replaced it with the backup and then all was fine again after I restarted my computer. Anybody else seen this??? Strange!!!
Posts: 1291 | From: Suttons Bay, MI, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MagenDavid
Member # 3784

posted 11-23-2000 02:13 AM     Profile for MagenDavid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
try the one from here, works very well for me..
http://www3.50megs.com/ghostpony/

rjm
Member # 1373

posted 11-23-2000 09:38 AM     Profile for rjm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bigshot -
I have Krazys in my CFS2 file and it works great, now that I deleted my old .cdp in the Corsair folder. MagenDavid's right, I just tried GhostPonys again and it works also. Try it again, with a new file and don't forget to delete the .cdp file in the same folder. I bet it works. My guess....GUESS...is that the file you got was damaged during download, or you didn't delete the .cdp file after replacing the .dp file, and your computer reacted badly, different from what mine did, but badly. Hate to see you trying to fly that corsair without all the bells and whistles, I use it almost every mission but I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the bombs! Love those rockets

Bigshot
Member # 4

posted 11-23-2000 10:09 AM     Profile for Bigshot   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK; that time it worked using the ghostfile and deleting the cdp file. Somebody needs to amend the readme file with respect to the fact that the cdp file needs to be deleted. Nice to have rockets on the corsair.
Posts: 1291 | From: Suttons Bay, MI, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
BadBooze
Member # 7306

posted 11-23-2000 10:33 AM     Profile for BadBooze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Guys !!!!

Wow lots going on with rocket / bombs on the Corsair !!!

Just a comment on the above threads, yes the .CDP does have to get reconstructed, we know that CFS2 searches for a .CDP file when selecting an aircraft and builds one if it not found based on the .DP file (I think it is compiling to a pseudo-code but not sure)...but I do not think that it checks all aspects of an EXISTING .DP file if the names match up OK...possibly some of the in-depth programming gurus can attest to that??

So the best thing to do, after making significant mods, especially to the structure of the .DP file, not just changing values, is to remove it and let CFS2 recompile a new .CDP file!!!

Keep Flying -- my mod as posted on www.FlyAndFight.com works great, while providing both rocket, bomb and fuel tank options. In retrospect, I should have anticipated the .CDP file issues, but there are so many undocumented and unknown factors in CFS2 that we just have to collectively hack our way through it!!!

Cheers --- BB ---

[This message has been edited by BadBooze (edited 11-23-2000).]

[This message has been edited by BadBooze (edited 11-23-2000).]

Posts: 141 | From: San Ramon, CA. USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.