my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » B17 2 is in the mail fellers!

Author Topic: B17 2 is in the mail fellers!
68 Romeo
Member # 7625

posted 11-21-2000 07:54 PM     Profile for 68 Romeo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pre ordered from gameplay uk.They sent email telling me they have shipped it.Now we will see what real game code is.Developed by someone who put thier heart in it.Hats off to Wayward!Sorry if a bit off topic.
Posts: 58 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Aviar
Member # 3297

posted 11-21-2000 08:15 PM     Profile for Aviar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Be careful. You may have to eat your own words.

Aviar

Posts: 196 | From: Bergen County, NJ USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jv44~Siggi
Member # 7455

posted 11-21-2000 08:20 PM     Profile for Jv44~Siggi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't think so. A lot of people have had the beta, and even with beta flaws they say it rocks.
I'm looking forward to the 24th of november.

Posts: 226 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
AxA
Member # 83

posted 11-21-2000 08:29 PM     Profile for AxA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Boy, I sure hope you're right, Siggi (May I call you Siggi?....)

CFS2 excitement lasted a couple of days but it just wasn't filling.

AxA http://www.FlyAndFight.com

Posts: 380 | From: Miami, FL | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Vancouver
Member # 6550

posted 11-21-2000 08:46 PM     Profile for Vancouver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes but Siggi, an even greater number of people have had the release version of CFS2 for several weeks and a lot of them think it rocks too (including me). Just goes to show you shouldn't pay much heed to other people's opinions.

By the way, since one of your main gripes about CFS2 is its poor multiplayer, I can't help but wonder what sort of death threats you're going to be making agains Hasbro executives about the complete lack of MP support in B-17II.

Posts: 147 | From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Aviar
Member # 3297

posted 11-21-2000 11:36 PM     Profile for Aviar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OUCH!!
Fender
Member # 2054

posted 11-21-2000 11:41 PM     Profile for Fender   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
and B17 II was made for multiplayer

talk about potential for teamwork

Posts: 179 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
68 Romeo
Member # 7625

posted 11-22-2000 12:17 AM     Profile for 68 Romeo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Multiplayer doesnt bother me.I rarely play anything online.Great AI,Suberb Damage mod.
is just a few words the beta testers are raving.Check these screenies out yourself. http://www.bombs-away.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/004292.html

nibbio
Member # 7579

posted 11-22-2000 06:01 AM     Profile for nibbio   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll wait for the first, and maybe second, impressions from those who buy it. I've learned the hard way that it's always better to reserve judgement on a sim, even with raving beta reviews.
Meanwhile I tried the alpha demo (the one on PCpilot) of BoB and was not impressed
Ciao,
nibbio
http://web.tiscalinet.it/jobim/cfs2

Posts: 166 | From: Italy | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
SpinDry
Member # 7379

posted 11-22-2000 07:58 AM     Profile for SpinDry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have yet to see a sim of any sort with "great AI." Some of them provide AI that's a little more capable than others, but in general there's no such thing as "great AI" in a PC-based sim. Not yet, anyway.
Posts: 296 | From: Rome, NY, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tracer
Member # 259

posted 11-22-2000 08:53 AM     Profile for Tracer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fender:
and B17 II was made for multiplayer

talk about potential for teamwork

A pity, as i was so wanting to be the radio operator for a 6hr mission

Tracer

[This message has been edited by Tracer (edited 11-22-2000).]

Posts: 681 | From: Edinburgh,Scotland | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
SpinDry
Member # 7379

posted 11-22-2000 08:56 AM     Profile for SpinDry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Naw, I wanted to be the AC so I could eject un-needed crewdogs to lighten the load. Complete with a graphic of the gomer hurtling out of the aircraft while the appropriate connection is broken.

Maybe it's just an "I need more coffee" thing ....

Posts: 296 | From: Rome, NY, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Screamin'Eagle
Member # 7469

posted 11-22-2000 01:44 PM     Profile for Screamin'Eagle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey keep off the B-17 topic folks: I'm a bit, er, 'frustrated' with it at the moment. I only have a PII 350 and 64Mb RAM (upgrading to 128Mb for Xmas) - it needs at least 128Mb on a PII 300 with 700Mb install space MINIMUM.

Screamin'Eagle

Posts: 17 | From: Taunton, Somerset, England | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
bonzo
Member # 2124

posted 11-22-2000 02:03 PM     Profile for bonzo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well some multiplayer is a helluva lot better than no multiplayer also heard some grumbling's about it it being repetitive an no capaign settings for fighters sounds like this bird is coming in with half a bomb load.
Posts: 97 | From: santa barbra calif | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
brp51d
Member # 8117

posted 11-22-2000 03:21 PM     Profile for brp51d   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 68 Romeo:
Pre ordered from gameplay uk.They sent email telling me they have shipped it.Now we will see what real game code is.Developed by someone who put thier heart in it.Hats off to Wayward!Sorry if a bit off topic.

Posts: 9 | From: NY,usa | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Hertston
Member # 7363

posted 11-22-2000 03:45 PM     Profile for Hertston   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I reserve judgement until Friday. I felt much the same about Geoff Crammond's Grand Prix 3 based on early reviews and product pedigree, and what a pile of crap that turned out to be..
Posts: 246 | From: Torpoint, Cornwall, UK | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Fender
Member # 2054

posted 11-22-2000 11:22 PM     Profile for Fender   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SpinDry:
I have yet to see a sim of any sort with "great AI." Some of them provide AI that's a little more capable than others, but in general there's no such thing as "great AI" in a PC-based sim. Not yet, anyway.

he he this is true

Posts: 179 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
SabreSix
Member # 8089

posted 11-23-2000 01:06 AM     Profile for SabreSix   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
AH, all you european types, you're all just a sorry bunch of SOB's (Just kidding guys )

Unfortunately, I'm over here on this side of the big pond and we won't be getting it until after the first of the year.

I really hope this game kick a$$, been lookin forward to it for soooo long.

------------------
SabreSix

Posts: 4 | From: USA, Earth | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Wasp
Member # 3002

posted 11-23-2000 05:49 PM     Profile for Wasp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SOB, yes ! European, most definately not !
Just thought I'd clarify that
Wasp

------------------
Una salus victus nullam sperare salutem.
The one hope of the doomed is not to hope for safety.
Virgil's Aeneid
http://www.raf123uk.co.uk/

Posts: 565 | From: Letchworth, Herts,England | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jv44~Siggi
Member # 7455

posted 11-23-2000 06:27 PM     Profile for Jv44~Siggi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wayward already copped serious flak over the MP issue, more than enough from me.

A few people have now installed the retail version; those who have got it working are, in the main, floored by it. Some are having DX8 and DVD problems.

Apparently it exceeds Falcon4 for hard-core complexity. The 180+ page manual is dedicated solely to the sim, no history stuff. The keyboard ref card is almost A5 in size.

I will have it on my hard-drive in ten hours and, from what I've heard so far, it is going to piss all over CFS2. No, sorry, that's not fair; B17-2 is a SIMULATION...CFS2 is a half-finished lash-up that belongs in an arcade, no fair comparison between the two can be made.

[This message has been edited by Jv44~Siggi (edited 11-23-2000).]

dragon hammer
Member # 7001

posted 11-23-2000 07:18 PM     Profile for dragon hammer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL
Posts: 13 | From: Sittard Netherlands | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
MeatWater
Member # 1346

posted 11-23-2000 07:40 PM     Profile for MeatWater   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmm, in Germany we'll have to wait until December 8th...

------------------
^^^^^^^^^^^^
MeatWater

AudioVisual Design
http://www.meatwater.com
[email protected]
http://www.creadesign.de

Posts: 139 | From: Munster, Germany | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Vancouver
Member # 6550

posted 11-23-2000 08:02 PM     Profile for Vancouver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I've read some of the initial impressions from the handful of people who already have it. They seem to be evenly split between problems and reports of how awesome it is. You thought CFS2 was awesome when it was first released as well, didn't you Siggi? I'm reserving judgement until I have a copy installed on my system next week. Until then, the hype is just that: hype.

Posts: 147 | From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jv44~Siggi
Member # 7455

posted 11-23-2000 09:16 PM     Profile for Jv44~Siggi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, it's true, I was seduced by the tart's eye-candy.
But it would appear B17-2 has both character and personality too. Soon I will know for sure...whether she's a quick screw or marriage material.

Aviar
Member # 3297

posted 11-23-2000 10:49 PM     Profile for Aviar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gee....I wish this site would open a B-17 II forum so all the CFS2 haters would have somewhere else to congregate. It's not fair to force them to stay somewhere they're obviously so unhappy.

Aviar

68 Romeo
Member # 7625

posted 11-24-2000 03:05 AM     Profile for 68 Romeo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like CFS2 and will still play it.I just think B17-2 will be of better quality.I was a tad dissapointed in CFS2 but it is still by all means playable.And i do post on the B17 forum.I was just spreading the word.
MikeToth
Member # 762

posted 11-24-2000 08:43 AM     Profile for MikeToth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aviar,

There is a dedicated B-17 Site... go to the main forum page and scroll down... you'll see it

Mike

Posts: 219 | From: Cleveland, Ohio USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Aviar
Member # 3297

posted 11-24-2000 11:57 AM     Profile for Aviar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
........I guess sarcasm does not always translate very well to the written word.

(pssssst........mike..................it was a joke)

Aviar

TBird66
Member # 4720

posted 11-24-2000 01:17 PM     Profile for TBird66   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Meatwater,
I've read that the release date for germany is
1.December.
With this date I could live (till then I'll have my new AMD TBird 900 ).
But 8th Dec. ?, that's too long !!
What's the source of your info????

Posts: 350 | From: Germany | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.