my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Stuttering is taking the fun away from this sim, has anyone found the fix yet?

Author Topic: Stuttering is taking the fun away from this sim, has anyone found the fix yet?
motoadve
Member # 7678

posted 11-21-2000 12:48 PM     Profile for motoadve   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I tried new sound card drivers,(same thing, no changes) Cache man (worked making faster FPS).
The problem is sound related
If I press Q (mute) then the games is smooth as glass, with no stuttering at all, when I get the sound back I get the stuttering problem.
Has anyone solved this problem yet??
Please is ruining the fun

PIII 600 , 256 RAM , Sound Blaster Live Value

Posts: 45 | From: San Jose Costa Rica | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
tn_prvteye
Member # 6330

posted 11-21-2000 01:41 PM     Profile for tn_prvteye   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Have you tried changing the Playback Device to "Game Compatible Device"...it's in the control panel under multimedia...I think...
Posts: 91 | From: TN | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Hitech1
Member # 3004

posted 11-21-2000 05:18 PM     Profile for Hitech1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tn_prvteye:
Have you tried changing the Playback Device to "Game Compatible Device"...it's in the control panel under multimedia...I think...

What does changing the Playback Device to "Game Compatible Device" do?

Hitech

Posts: 87 | From: Tampa, Florida USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Fender
Member # 2054

posted 11-21-2000 05:19 PM     Profile for Fender   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes I definitely agree that turning off the sound eliminates all stuttering...at least on my system.

Maybe they need to fix that in a patch? Somehow improve the situation so that the sound does not cause intermittent stuttering.

Posts: 179 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
tn_prvteye
Member # 6330

posted 11-22-2000 10:18 AM     Profile for tn_prvteye   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What does it do? Specifically I have no clue...but when I have sound problems, I change the Playback Preferred device from the Sound Card's driver, to the generic "Game Compatible" driver...
Now, with Win 98 and ME, and some of the newer cards it probably doesn't matter...but it has helped me in the past...never hurts to try...

Teisco
Member # 7528

posted 11-22-2000 10:28 AM     Profile for Teisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I looked and I do not have that option listed.
tn_prvteye
Member # 6330

posted 11-22-2000 10:39 AM     Profile for tn_prvteye   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmmm...you looked in the control panel...under mulitmedia...on the Audio tab?
Every system I've seen has it...what version of Windows are you using? I haven't used ME, yet...again all this might be moot, but if you're like me when you're having trouble...you'll try EVERYTHING!!!

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.