my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Going into chase-view does strange things to my screen...anyone else?

Author Topic: Going into chase-view does strange things to my screen...anyone else?
Fender
Member # 2054

posted 11-20-2000 01:06 PM     Profile for Fender   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Whenever I go into chase view the screen begins to flicker extremely fast and all I see on my screen is a horizon line and not much else. Then after I exit out of chase view every thing is back to normal except the detail textures of the terrain are gone!...All I see at that point is solid blue water or solid green land. The normal external view works fine but when I press CTRL+F4 to go into chase-view ( I've also re-mapped it and tried it) all hell breaks loose.

I'm running a GeForce 2 GTS in 1024x768 with all the graphics options turned up to the max....I'm also using DX8 and the newest Detanator drivers.

Anyone else having a problem similar to this?

Posts: 179 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Snowman
Member # 1852

posted 11-20-2000 01:30 PM     Profile for Snowman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Me too! This is a bummer because I can't get to view other aircraft for screenshots. Perhaps this is some kind of bug that will be fixed? So atleast you are not the only one!

Posts: 336 | From: Enfield,NH USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TBird66
Member # 4720

posted 11-20-2000 02:50 PM     Profile for TBird66   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Me too!!! But it happens only when i paused the game before trying to jump around (in order to take screens). That's indeed very annoying . I used (better: use)to do this "plane hopping" in EAW and by doing this I took my best screenshots (in addition there are far more view modes in EAW).

But as far as I remember this "screen scramble" did not occur when I used chase view+pause two weeks ago. This was the time before I realized what the slider "object detail" does for eye candy. After I set it to max (oh, what a pleasure ), things went wrong with chase view.

TBird

Posts: 350 | From: Germany | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.