my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » OT... Sad day... (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: OT... Sad day...
Crash!
Member # 7653

posted 11-19-2000 06:25 PM     Profile for Crash!   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Confederate Air Force caved to the PC forces and changed it's name (the newspaper article didn't give the new name). I was talking to some of the CAF guys and gals at the Elmira, NY air show in September. Apparently the pressure was getting too high, sponsor trouble, etc. Too bad. I thought that was a cool name for the organization.
Posts: 54 | From: Schenectady, NY, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Der Jager
Member # 7317

posted 11-19-2000 11:52 PM     Profile for Der Jager   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
S!

You HAVE GOT TO BE ******* KIDDING! !!!!
I've been a fan of the CAF for ages!!!!

This is why I think LIBERALS and those WEAK MINED PC fools SUK!!!

Well, with mr gore in office, IF he gets elected !! we can anticipate MORE of the same!!! Sorry about the rant, it's just getting to the point that a FEW LOSERS are DICTATING to the majority what words we can SPEAK!!!
What ever happened to the land of the FREE?!?!
Sorry, that is NOT a PC THOUGHT!! !!!

...and to think that one of my uncles died in the Battle of the Bulge, and there were two other uncles of mine who fought in Africa and Europe as infantry in WW2!

If they were alive today, what would they SAY!! I already know, But I could not write it here on this board! !!
Horrido!

Aviar
Member # 3297

posted 11-20-2000 12:00 AM     Profile for Aviar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I LOVE THESE BOARDS
Posts: 196 | From: Bergen County, NJ USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Fender
Member # 2054

posted 11-20-2000 03:03 AM     Profile for Fender   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They changed their name to the Restoration Air-force of the Formerly Seceded States of the United States.

"RAFFSSUS"

Posts: 179 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lex
Member # 2831

posted 11-20-2000 03:12 AM     Profile for Lex   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They should get Col Saunders to sponser em!
Seriously if its true its just another example of bullcaca-I think its high time that we fight back against this sheise worldwide - the best targets are the lawyers -for every NEW word of law you have to REMOVE ten OLD ones-that should have the law back to a reasonable state for ordinary folk VERY quickly and AWAY from schister lawyers and their sham games.After we get rid of them post back here and we can chose the next "mob" to get under democratic control.

Lex Morton AKA BazookaJock

------------------
"I'm just going to probe the bush's at the fork..." - "Unknown Soldier"

Posts: 510 | From: Scotland | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Wolverine
Member # 3469

posted 11-20-2000 07:03 AM     Profile for Wolverine   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is as bad as them screaming to get the Confederate Flag down from the Capital in South Carolina. It really sickens me....that flag DOESNT stand for hate..it is part of american history, and many southern men died under that flag....yet they show 0 respect...what is our country coming to?
SpinDry
Member # 7379

posted 11-20-2000 07:59 AM     Profile for SpinDry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, that bites. I'm a military officer and had ancestors die in the Confederate service. Am I supposed to be ashamed of that?
Posts: 296 | From: Rome, NY, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
tn_prvteye
Member # 6330

posted 11-20-2000 08:59 AM     Profile for tn_prvteye   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Okay, gotta play Devil's Advocate here...
First I AM a southerner, so no geographical bias here...(just spelling and grammar errors)
Second, I don't believe they should've changed their name...they are a private company, so I think they should be able to call themselves whatever the hell they want...
However, how many here are African-American? I would like to hear their viewpoint on this. Because I CAN see why they have a problem with it. Sure it was several generations ago, but it's still a touchy subject. Do I think the Rebel flag should be banned, or any Confederate-themed names be outlawed? No. Do I think PCness has gotten way out of hand? Hell yes. BUT, I think we need to keep some perspective here, and try and see things from the other side of the coin.

Then again, I might just be bored at work, and looking for a good arguement...

Posts: 91 | From: TN | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
jt__93
Member # 7639

posted 11-20-2000 09:14 AM     Profile for jt__93   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
it's called facism (sp?). when what is right and wrong to think is defined by the ruling bodies. can't even admit to thinking certian words now. welcome to the USSA
Wolverine
Member # 3469

posted 11-20-2000 09:28 AM     Profile for Wolverine   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Prvt...u must realise...a VERY small percentage of Confederate soldiers were wealthy landowners with slaves. The VAST majority were poor to middle class and they WERENT fighting for SLAVERY....98% of the confederates were fighting for STATES RIGHTS..they felt the north was overpowering and dictatating to them. That is why it is way out of line to associate that flag strictly with Slavery as MANY do...i am not yelling just putting caps to accentuate my points..=)
tn_prvteye
Member # 6330

posted 11-20-2000 09:37 AM     Profile for tn_prvteye   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, yeah...I know that. Trust me, growing up in the South, the Civil war in ingrained in my memory...Slavery was not the reason the war was fought. Hell, the ex-slaves that fled to the north were sometimes treated worse than when they were slaves. I just think it's too easy to say "FACIST!" or "This country's going to Hell!" than it is to actually THINK about why some people have a problem with it. Unfortunately, instances like this further divide the two cultures, not make things better. The fact is, the CAF (or whatever it's gonna be called) is still gonna be flying those wonderful warbirds...we'll still get to see them at airshows, and I'll still never get a chance to ride in the back of a P-51 There are more important things to get worked up about...like getting those damn yellow brackets removed...
Crash!
Member # 7653

posted 11-20-2000 04:23 PM     Profile for Crash!   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I grew up an Ohio Yankee. I lived in Charleston, SC (the "Hellhole of Seccession" per Gen. Sherman) for 7 years after college. Great town, great people. All proud of thier heritage. They even convinced me that the South should have been allowed to leave the Union. The civil war forever solidified the massive power of the Federal Government over the states.
Tyler McFly
Member # 2141

posted 11-20-2000 05:29 PM     Profile for Tyler McFly   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The present name will be retained until Jan 1, 2002. In the meantime, They are considering new names. Four names will be selected by the general staff that will be put before the general membership in October 2001. Terry McArthur CAF Camarillo Wing
Posts: 241 | From: North Hills, CA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
BadBooze
Member # 7306

posted 11-21-2000 02:11 PM     Profile for BadBooze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Salute Der Jager, Yes!!!

You have it right! The CAF should have told the brain-dead, fascist Liberals what they could do with their continued attack on American history --- the constant effort to rewrite the history of this country in order to hide the underlying principles of our Democracy!

I too am totally sick of these sanctimonious fascists, Clinton and Gore in particular, who have done everything in their power to subvert the Constitution (because it is an obstacle to their corruption) and the Rule of Law in our precious country!

And don't forget how the Liberal Democrats are trying to suppress the votes of our military people while Clinton is over in Viet Nam wearing Viet Cong beanies!! (true!)

I too am a partriot, ex-military and pro-Constitution --- (I know it does not show!!)

Anyway tell the PC crowd to take a Confederate flag and....well you know the rest. Go America !!!!!

====== BB ======

Posts: 141 | From: San Ramon, CA. USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Blond_Knight
Member # 67

posted 11-21-2000 02:24 PM     Profile for Blond_Knight     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Glad you guys brought this topic up in here, cause over at the "Current Events" room its a Euro-liberal"get out of Yugoslavia you American dogs now!" paradise.

I had several Ancestors fight for the Old Dominion, and the great state of Kan-tuckee. Spindry is right:"Am I supposed to be ashamed of them?"...Hell no!

Its a real shame to hear of another organization falling to PC'ness...it'll be the death of us.

------------------
See-Decide-Attack-Reverse

Posts: 1093 | From: Richmond Va - Capital of the Confederacy | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Vancouver
Member # 6550

posted 11-21-2000 02:30 PM     Profile for Vancouver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No-one is forcing them to change the name, they are doing it of their own accord and have a solid business case for doing so. Not everything you disagree with is the result of a 'liberal' conspiracy.

From the CAF webpage http://www.confederateairforce.org/pressreleases/pressconference.html

"The proposed name change was first discussed in July 1999 at the CAF Summer Advisory Board Conference and again at the Wing Staff Conference in February 2000. Currently, many members are of the opinion that the name does not accurately reflect the primary objectives of the organization which are: 1) to restore, maintain, and fly World War II aircraft; 2) to maintain museum facilities for aircraft as a tribute to the thousands of men and women who built, serviced, and flew the planes; and 3) to perpetuate in the memory and the hearts of all Americans, the spirit in which these great planes were flown in the defense of this nation."

And the results of the vote http://www.confederateairforce.org/support/news/release-00-1018.shtml

"The membership of the Confederate Air Force has voted to change the name of the organization. CAF officials announced at a press conference, 11 a.m., Saturday, Nov. 18, 2000, that of 2,201 votes cast, 1,789 (82 percent) voted to approve the [...] amendment"

[This message has been edited by Vancouver (edited 11-21-2000).]

Posts: 147 | From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
tn_prvteye
Member # 6330

posted 11-21-2000 02:41 PM     Profile for tn_prvteye   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah, extremism...gotta love it (or at least find it entertaining)...

So what if the CAF isn't going to be called CAF anymore? If I remember correctly, the Confederacy didn't fly Corsairs or Mustangs (maybe spotting balloons)...I am really amazed that people (on both sides) get SO worked up over this. And it bothers me that there is so little tolerance (again, on both sides) for any other opinion...

[This message has been edited by tn_prvteye (edited 11-21-2000).]

Blond_Knight
Member # 67

posted 11-21-2000 03:35 PM     Profile for Blond_Knight     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tn_prvteye:
And it bothers me that there is so little tolerance (again, on both sides) for any other opinion...

OK...who here would be morally outraged if the blacks started a "Negro AF", or a "Malcolm X AF", or even a "NAACP AF"? Would you see Southerners jumping up and down swearing not to support them or their advertisers?

I dont think so.
Actually I would support a Tuskegee Airman AF.

------------------

Posts: 1093 | From: Richmond Va - Capital of the Confederacy | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Vancouver
Member # 6550

posted 11-21-2000 03:47 PM     Profile for Vancouver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Since when did this become a race issue? Since when has anyone claimed to be "morally outraged" by the name? To emphasize the point made earlier: the CAF members decided to change the name of their own accord because "...many members are of the opinion that the name does not accurately reflect the primary objectives of the organization".

[This message has been edited by Vancouver (edited 11-21-2000).]

Posts: 147 | From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
tn_prvteye
Member # 6330

posted 11-21-2000 03:59 PM     Profile for tn_prvteye   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's not my point. The thing is, some people find it offensive (and I can understand why). So, CAF has decided (for business reasons) to change it. That's their choice. It just seems that everytime something like this happens, the good ole boys hop up and down and scream "LIBERAL FACISTS!!!"...without even thinking it through...HOWEVER...the opposite is also true...the exremists on the other side hear of a group called the "Confederate Air Force" and they automatically think it's a racist organization.

Now, about a "Malcom X AF" I bet there would be quite a few southerners who'd have a problem. How 'bout a "Farakhan" <sp> AF?
And sure it's part of our heritage, but so was slaughtering Native Americans, Japanese internment camps, and countless other nasty little things that ALL nation-states do...You just happen to see the positive side of the Confederacy (which I can agree with), but the PC crowd sees the negative...eventually (I hope) this will all be history (pardon the pun), and the human race can focus on more important things...like putting a man (or woman ) on Mars, finding a cure for cancer, and getting rid of the yellow targeting brackets (had to mention this again, cause I'm hoping someone WILL fix it...)
Wow, excuse the long post...

Blond_Knight
Member # 67

posted 11-21-2000 04:17 PM     Profile for Blond_Knight     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tn_prvteye:
and getting rid of the yellow targeting brackets (had to mention this again, cause I'm hoping someone WILL fix it...

I think Al Gore invented the yellow brackets.

------------------

tn_prvteye
Member # 6330

posted 11-21-2000 04:27 PM     Profile for tn_prvteye   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, he DID invent the Internet...

And oh, BTW, being from Tennessee...the reason he lost his own state:

During a speech in Nashville (my town), he claimed Adelphia Stadium was the proud home of the Nashville Predators (hockey team)...uh, sorry Al, but that's the Nashville TITAN'S home!!! (football) The last thing you want to do in Tennessee is insult our football team...

[This message has been edited by tn_prvteye (edited 11-21-2000).]

Frug
Member # 6631

posted 11-21-2000 05:04 PM     Profile for Frug   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't you think you Americans are getting enough bad attention with your laughable democrazy? Get over yourselves! Liberal PC conspiracies? HA!

All things evolve to suit their environment. Documents that were written for a different time can have value, but may not be the best option. We have the same issue in Australia so I sympathise. We want to become a republic but there are those that defend our consitution (which was designed fromthe American and English versions) only because its done a good job so far. I agree with that...but the argument of 'if its not broke, don't fix it' is so soft.

What ahas this got to do with simming?...hmmm....not a great deal.

But hey, if german simming pilots wanted to call themselves Hitler Youth Squadron would that be OK? Could they argue, like some have here, 'my dad fought and died for this country".

Come on.

Decrying everything that is PC is silly. We all need to be sensitive to the lessons in history.

In other inflammatory comments,....Australia is the best sporting nation on Earth.

Wrapped in plastic,
Frug

s_roubos
Member # 7841

posted 11-21-2000 05:16 PM     Profile for s_roubos   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just a dumb question, but why was it named the Confederate Air Force in the first place?

Posts: 37 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Blond_Knight
Member # 67

posted 11-21-2000 05:54 PM     Profile for Blond_Knight     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frug:

But hey, if german simming pilots wanted to call themselves Hitler Youth Squadron would that be OK? Could they argue, like some have here, 'my dad fought and died for this country".

You say that in jest, but a Hitler Jugend squadron is an interesting idea. Ofcourse you would have to make it known up-front, plain and clear that the unit has no Nazi ideas and affiliations...Usually when your dealing with adult pilots, thats NP, they understand its a role your playing, and its all in fun.

------------------

rjm
Member # 1373

posted 11-21-2000 06:32 PM     Profile for rjm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
s_roubos -

I see it like this.......
-
Confederate Air Force
Confederate Money
-
U.S. Air Force
Real Air Force
-
Confederate money
Not real
-
Confederate
Real
-
They're not really an Air Force. Just a bunch of guys who admire the pilots and planes of WWII..........remind you of anyone?

rjm.

Posts: 264 | From: Fairview, Michigan | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Crash!
Member # 7653

posted 11-21-2000 07:03 PM     Profile for Crash!   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vancouver:
Since when did this become a race issue? Since when has anyone claimed to be "morally outraged" by the name? To emphasize the point made earlier: the CAF members decided to change the name of their [b]own accord because "...many members are of the opinion that the name does not accurately reflect the primary objectives of the organization".

Of course its a race issue. Where have you been hiding? In PC Vancouver? The CAF caved because the pressure was too much. They won't admit it publicly so as not to stir things up any more.

[This message has been edited by Vancouver (edited 11-21-2000).][/B]

Tyler McFly
Member # 2141

posted 11-21-2000 11:36 PM     Profile for Tyler McFly   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
From the History page of the CAF

The origin of the Confederate Air Force dates back to 1951, with the purchase of a surplus Curtiss P-40 Warhawk by Lloyd Nolen, a former World War II Army Air Corps flight instructor. In 1957, Nolen and four friends purchased a P-51 Mustang, each sharing in the $2,500 cost of the aircraft. With the purchase of this Mustang, known as Red Nose, the group now known as the Confederate Air Force was unofficially founded.

Legend has it that upon arriving at the Mercedes airfield in deep south Texas one Sunday morning in 1957, the group found that someone had painted a sign on the fuselage of the P-51 as a joke. The sign read Confederate Air Force. All the pilots seemed pleased with the new name, saluted each other and decided it should stay.

- McFly

Posts: 241 | From: North Hills, CA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
BodyBag
Member # 253

posted 11-22-2000 03:02 AM     Profile for BodyBag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why don't they call it the RAF?

(Redneck Air Force)

Blond_Knight
Member # 67

posted 11-22-2000 05:52 AM     Profile for Blond_Knight     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BodyBag:
Why don't they call it the RAF?

(Redneck Air Force)

LOL Because cup holders dont work in zero-Gee!

------------------

buchstabe-bub
Member # 7704

posted 11-22-2000 09:38 AM     Profile for buchstabe-bub   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blond_Knight:
LOL Because cup holders dont work in zero-Gee!

Many rednecks use Gatorade bottles with lids for their dip. I'm sure a holder can be rigged just like the special cockpit rifle racks.

SALUTE from Steve's hometown of Columbus, GA. (cue in Hee Haw banjos)

------------------
So I say, let their true fates be the stuff of legends and their death in service their legacy. S!

Posts: 118 | From: Columbus, GA, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jaakko
Member # 144

posted 11-22-2000 11:47 AM     Profile for Jaakko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This eurolibrul can't resist the lure of this thread...

Have you ever noticed how the most rabid anti-PC people build whole new brand of PC of their own, where it's unacceptable to use or condone any words identified by the original, liberal PC movement?

I mean, what's this anti-PC facism that won't allow people to use PC words if they want to? I demand free speech damnit!

Posts: 172 | From: Helsinki, Finland | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
tn_prvteye
Member # 6330

posted 11-22-2000 11:59 AM     Profile for tn_prvteye   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Personally, I have no problem with PC...in fact, I love the PC...I play CFS2 and JF-18 on mine...why is everyone so anti-PC? Are you guys all Playstation 2 owners??? :P

Awwww, come on...you can have smileys, frowns, and grins...why can't you have a :P ??

[This message has been edited by tn_prvteye (edited 11-22-2000).]

Jaakko
Member # 144

posted 11-22-2000 12:38 PM     Profile for Jaakko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You are being excessively PC, mister.
(try a small p)

[This message has been edited by Jaakko (edited 11-22-2000).]

Posts: 172 | From: Helsinki, Finland | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Stuntie
Member # 2941

posted 11-22-2000 12:47 PM     Profile for Stuntie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Greetings from Stuntie

Frug wrote:
Australia... ...our consitution (which
was designed fromthe American and English
versions)....

What English constitution?

We don't have one! The law in England is based on 'what you can't do' rather than what you can.

p.s. We are now willing to do a deal on Australia becomeing a republic - all you have to do is accept Prince Phillip as head of state....

Posts: 70 | From: Bradford | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
tn_prvteye
Member # 6330

posted 11-22-2000 12:55 PM     Profile for tn_prvteye   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks, Jaakko...here goes:

YEA!!!

to my fellow Americans:

Happy Thanksgiving!

to our Native Americans:

uh...sorry...You can have New Jersey back if you want it...

[This message has been edited by tn_prvteye (edited 11-22-2000).]

Frug
Member # 6631

posted 11-22-2000 02:33 PM     Profile for Frug   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello,

Stuntie is right...they don't have a constitution....but we ripped off most of our system from the poms.

King Phillip? hmmm...I think we'll be fine without a Prez or a King thanks.

THEGhostrider
Member # 7494

posted 11-22-2000 03:30 PM     Profile for THEGhostrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What a great discussion. First of all, my background: I am from South Carolina, (mostly Columbia and Charleston)and a former Army Officer and son of an Army Officer. I worked in a store when I was in school that sold civil war artifacts, paintings, etc... I had many an interesting discussion with people from north and south, indeed from all over the world, about the causes and results of the civil war. I had at least one ancestor die in the service of the Confedaracy (3rd Georgia Infantry at Gettysburg). I am proud of his service and sacrifice to his homeland, although I am glad the damn Yankees won. We would not be the nation we are today otherwise. Think, for just a moment, how the history of the world was forever changed at the bloody angle in Pickett's charge. It was so close, whoever you think should have won. I also swore an oath to support and defend the constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic. I am in favor of removing the Confederate battle flag from the SC State house. (BTW, the state house is still marked with bronze stars where Sherman's cannonballs penetrated the walls.) If someone wants to fly the flag from their front porch (as many people do), or hang a picture of Robert E . Lee on their dining room wall, go for it. That's great. Honor your heritage in your own house. But the State House represents all South Carolinians, not just the white ones. The Civil War was fought over such complex issues, slavery was an aside. It was a rallying cry for some Union folks, but others were passionately against fighting for slaves. One Union regiment laid down thier arms, and said that they would "Let moss grow on them before they marched another mile, of fired another shot for the [email protected]@&%." Abraham Lincoln himself said in his memoirs that his job was to preserve the Union. "If I could do it by freeing all of the slaves, I would do it. If I could do it by keeping them all in bondage, I would do that also." For the average foot soldier, North or South, it was a matter of protecting one's home, family, and way of life from a percieved threat.

When I was in Desert Storm, I flew the Confederate battle flag (and a larger American flag) from my vehicle. It was a lark. A reminder of home. A statement that I was a proud southerner. Not a bigot, not a redneck. My Battalion Commander pulled me aside, and said "Better strike the rebel flag, Lieutenant. It's offensive to black soldiers." You know what? He was right. It's an American thing. If I want to do the southern thing, I do it in my own home. The State house is not the proper place for a confederate flag, in my opinion. The victors always write the hisory, don't they? But like I said, I'm glad the damn yankees won. I'm an American first.

Regards to you all,

------------------
"Rangers Lead The Way!"
Andrew D. Mylander
"Ghostrider"

Posts: 72 | From: Stansbury Park, UT, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
NightBreed
Member # 8014

posted 11-22-2000 05:39 PM     Profile for NightBreed   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It seems to me it is the sponsors/advertisers who are making the Confederate Air Force change their name, not the liberal govt. I am no liberal, but I think we should get are facts straight before blasting anyone.
NB

quote:
Originally posted by BadBooze:
Salute Der Jager, Yes!!!

You have it right! The CAF should have told the brain-dead, fascist Liberals what they could do with their continued attack on American history --- the constant effort to rewrite the history of this country in order to hide the underlying principles of our Democracy!

I too am totally sick of these sanctimonious fascists, Clinton and Gore in particular, who have done everything in their power to subvert the Constitution (because it is an obstacle to their corruption) and the Rule of Law in our precious country!

And don't forget how the Liberal Democrats are trying to suppress the votes of our military people while Clinton is over in Viet Nam wearing Viet Cong beanies!! (true!)

I too am a partriot, ex-military and pro-Constitution --- (I know it does not show!!)

Anyway tell the PC crowd to take a Confederate flag and....well you know the rest. Go America !!!!!

====== BB ======

Posts: 7 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
bigbirdk
Member # 1260

posted 11-22-2000 05:55 PM     Profile for bigbirdk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bravo GhostRider! You nailed it from my perch. The point is - Be yourself but, when in the group, be sensitive TO the group.
Ultimately, the CAF was sensitive to their group. (The advertisers that is! :-p)

Posts: 68 | From: New Hampshire, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.