my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Poor View Control

Author Topic: Poor View Control
splashmike
Member # 7290

posted 11-18-2000 04:40 PM     Profile for splashmike   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I seem to have trouble viewing other objects and planes. I use the Control + F4 key and then Tab to cycle through ships and planes, but it takes forever and by the time I find what I am looking for and then return to my plane I've crashed. Any suggestions?
Posts: 15 | From: White Plains, New York, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Su-27
Member # 7566

posted 11-18-2000 04:43 PM     Profile for Su-27   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am also used to the F1 key from other sims. So somethimes when I go from external view to internal view I press the F1 key and it brings up help

Posts: 223 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
BadBooze
Member # 7306

posted 11-18-2000 05:54 PM     Profile for BadBooze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Howdy Guys ---

Yes, the views need some work in this sim. MS did a better job in FS2000, where they had certain features that were removed before introduction (they are shown in the manual and mentioned in the HELP) --- such as "view transition control (on-off)" -- I and others HATE the "floaty" behaviour of the external views especially when doing precision flying outside the plane!!! We need a FIXED viewpoint that is slewable!!!

Anyway -- yep, the views control needs work!!

Have Fun -- Keep Flyin! -- BB --

Posts: 141 | From: San Ramon, CA. USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tyler McFly
Member # 2141

posted 11-19-2000 09:17 AM     Profile for Tyler McFly   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
An "Orbit Camera" like in Falcon 4 would be nice! I guess there is no "You to wingman" or "wingman to you" either.

Another complaint I have is that the front, outside view is from a higher angle than the others. Preventing you from seeing what's directly behind you. Is there any way to alter this view? - McFly

Posts: 241 | From: North Hills, CA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tyler McFly
Member # 2141

posted 11-19-2000 09:25 AM     Profile for Tyler McFly   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I join in the complaint about searching with the Cnt+F4+Tab. More times than not when you return you've become a 'hole in the ocean'. Couldn't we have an 'azimuth/altitude hold' at least while in the looking around mode? - McFly
Posts: 241 | From: North Hills, CA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.