my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » [email protected] Addon Aircraft and Flight Modeling Questions

Author Topic: [email protected] Addon Aircraft and Flight Modeling Questions
ramstein
Member # 5667

posted 11-18-2000 08:16 AM     Profile for ramstein   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hello,
I will use EAW to frame my questions for addon Aircraft for CFS2. The really nice addon aircraft (A/C) that people have made, thank you, I would like to know if they have been made using flight modeling (FM's) like the ECAO 1.4 for EAW ? In other words were they just put together as pictures (skins) of another aircraft on a frame, the same flight characteristics for the addons (and which ones from wich makers and web sites) or were they carefully constructed so they FM's were as close to the real deal, same flying characteristics as the real plane, power, turning rate, roll rate, etc, etc, ?
Example, Airbhuda (Your web site has some of the best, Used many for EAW from your web site) The addons for CFS2, is the FM of each A/C specific for each plane?
I know that in multiplayer in CFS2 it is full of so many holes it probably doesn't matter if you have all the addons and fly with them online. But in EAW the files are checked and if there is one modified bit, it's a no-go (which we online flyers are so eternally grateful for) (honesty makes EAW flight model checking the best policy) (Kali Fliers, some of the most honest anywhere). I am worried that if I start adding new aircraft that I will lose the ability to fly with others only, if not now, soon when/if file checkers start being used in CFS2. Then, I will have to completely clean out the CFS2 Install and do it all over again because the Mods will make it unusable online.
Thanx in advance to all those that answer, and to those that create files, aircraft, and offer them to all the flight simmers who use them. ( I hope my question are clear and not too confusing ). if these questions have been asked and answered in previous posts, I apologize, there are way too many issues to keep track of.

wOw !!! Wahoo! WoW! I put those flight models in of the palnes for CFS2 from Airbuda's Web Site, and I have to say WoW ! Way Beyond my expecatations, just wonderful fun flying and really great looking aircraft. While there may be room for improvements, they are just really great! Dropping torpedoes from the Devastator, Bombs from the B25, the views, the sounds, the P51, the P47, still have to fly more of the planes I have not got to fly them all yet, I am just in awe! Thanx you guys that worked so hard and did so well!

[This message has been edited by ramstein (edited 11-18-2000).]

Posts: 71 | From: San Diego | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.