my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » What i want to know....

Author Topic: What i want to know....
68 Romeo
Member # 7625

posted 11-18-2000 01:02 AM     Profile for 68 Romeo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
is why crimson skies has cool cockpit damage,like damage to the windscreen.But CFS2 has none.It could have easily been implimented,ill never understand MS.
Posts: 58 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Fender
Member # 2054

posted 11-18-2000 01:26 AM     Profile for Fender   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know what you mean...and why does Crimson Skies also have a "fly-by view" and CFS2 has none. <---my current gripe.

So I too will never understand M$....They can't even borrow from the best of their OWN products. Maybe this is because most of their games are made by third party developers...ex: Zipper Interactive who made Crimson skies.

Did M$ not hear any of the complaints regarding the lackluster multiplayer support included with CFS 1? Seems that the multiplayer support for CFS 2 is absolutely bare-bones just as with CFS 1.

But I knew that before the game was even released...but I still bought it...I guess M$ just owns me.

[This message has been edited by Fender (edited 11-18-2000).]

Posts: 179 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Krusty the Brave
Member # 7252

posted 11-18-2000 02:02 AM     Profile for Krusty the Brave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think CFS2 is great! Not perfect but a lot better than EAW when it was first released...and Falcon 4.0
Sure these games are great now but most of the work was done by third party.
I know their may not be an official patch but is people keep tweaking away like they have been then I think we have a classic in CFS2.

Posts: 26 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Fender
Member # 2054

posted 11-18-2000 03:07 AM     Profile for Fender   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think CFS 2 is fantastic too...But I think the fact that M$ has said that they have no plans to release a patch for it is disconcerting to say the least. I can think of a lot of improvements that could be made and I wish they would at least leave the door open as far as a patch is concerned.

That's one of the big advantages of PC games over console games is that improvements can be made after the initial release and I think most PC gamers have become accustomed to the standard of at least one patch to improve the product.

Posts: 179 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
68 Romeo
Member # 7625

posted 11-18-2000 03:26 AM     Profile for 68 Romeo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I also agree its a great sim.But,why should a non reallistic game such as crimson have better cockpit damage then a reallistic sim.
It would add to the reallism for at least windscreen damage,wich couldnt have been that much more time consuming or difficult.
they spent all that time doing a good sim,but left out to many little things.Imho.

Posts: 58 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
TBird66
Member # 4720

posted 11-18-2000 04:52 AM     Profile for TBird66   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think the reason for the lack of some effects and features is that CFS2 was (imho)developed out of FS2000. There's no need for things like cockpit damage or player to target view in FS2000. Maybe it was too difficult or time consuming for them to add these features to CFS2. And some features that were a "must" for a combat sim like reactions to aircraft damage are not well done (like the roll-damage bug ).
I never played Crimson skies, but I think this game is a "stand alone"-development with a completely different code. I think it's easier to create these effects when you build a game from "scratch" than adding them to an existing code.

Posts: 350 | From: Germany | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.