my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » For all Brewster fans out there.

Author Topic: For all Brewster fans out there.
Kalkka
Member # 8018

posted 11-17-2000 03:23 AM     Profile for Kalkka   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is not exactly CFS2 related, but here goes. I want to share a piece of history with you about the Brewster Buffolo in the Finnish Air Force.

Finland bought 44 Brewsters during The Winter War (1939-40)from US Navy. The total sum of these planes was 44 USD, thats olny 1$/air craft. The Brewsters arrived just after The Winter War ended, but they were again in use in The Continuation War (1941-44). Two of the most famous Finnish aces flew Brewsters. Ilmari Juutilainen (94 confirmed air victories) and Hans Wind (75 air victories). Juutilainen's aircraft wasn't hit once during his career. They flew Brewsters in the beginning of the war and near the end of the war they switched to Me Bf-109G.

Check out this also: http://heninen.onego.ru/brewster/english.htm

There are pics and other info.

Posts: 3 | From: Finland | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
graemejw
Member # 7085

posted 11-17-2000 03:58 AM     Profile for graemejw   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That bird is in amazing condition, very interesting and informative information Kalkka.
Thanks.
Graeme

Posts: 34 | From: scotland | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
finlander
Member # 5530

posted 11-17-2000 06:16 AM     Profile for finlander   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What if Finland had been able to get navy Hellcats and Corsairs? Kind of an alternate universe history scenario.
Posts: 127 | From: Oulu, WI | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.