my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Are any CFS2 Developers Reading the Posts?

Author Topic: Are any CFS2 Developers Reading the Posts?
MagenDavid
Member # 3784

posted 11-16-2000 09:01 PM     Profile for MagenDavid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
juz wondering if they r reading all this stuff for possible patch work. seems awfully quiet from them or am i missing something?

at least over at SWAT3's official forum, u get developer's participation/replies

cheers

kverdon
Member # 347

posted 11-16-2000 11:22 PM     Profile for kverdon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What you are missing is that the producer of the program stated BEFORE the program was released that there were NO plans for a patch. This IS Microsoft we are talking about here. The folks that worked on CFS2 are probably off working on other products now. Don't hold your breath, the 1 and only patch (that did not do much) for FS2000 took six months.

Kevin

Posts: 145 | From: Tigard, Oregon USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MagenDavid
Member # 3784

posted 11-16-2000 11:42 PM     Profile for MagenDavid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
wah lan eh..

ok, never mind, user made patches are sometimes better..

dschin
Member # 6088

posted 11-18-2000 12:09 AM     Profile for dschin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The thing that mystifies me is that MS clearly left room for a CFS2 Europe update/upgrade...surely they don't plan to orphan this sim, given its brisk sales.
I think Crimson Skies is cute, but it's all so proprietary that there's not sufficient
customization, and therefore, user loyalty,
possible to build. It just deadends...I dearly hope MS doesn't let this happen to CFS2. It's a great sim, with massive potential and an avid user base already.
Users will take it places MS never dreamed of, and people will buy it just to get on the train--IF MS opens the thing up and lets all this happen.

Posts: 287 | From: Madison WI USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Fender
Member # 2054

posted 11-18-2000 12:13 AM     Profile for Fender   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So what would you guys like to see in a patch?
Posts: 179 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Hertston
Member # 7363

posted 11-18-2000 04:34 AM     Profile for Hertston   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"The thing that mystifies me is that MS clearly left room for a CFS2 Europe update/upgrade"

They did - but I think it will be left to third party developers (who, in fairness, usually do a pretty good job with stuff like Tuskagee Fighters etc).

There was no sign of any MS input on the AVSIM or flightsim.com boards (THE boards for GA simmers) about FS2000, even when the need for a patch was painfully obvious. I suspect they have some sort of corporate policy about not posting on boards (I suspect they DO read them). Pity - if they had kept in touch with the community in the way the guys working on ProPilot and especially Fly! did it would have done an awful lot to improve their image.

[This message has been edited by Hertston (edited 11-18-2000).]

Posts: 246 | From: Torpoint, Cornwall, UK | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Wasp
Member # 3002

posted 11-18-2000 06:12 AM     Profile for Wasp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Are any CFS2 Developers Reading the Posts?
Not if they can possibly avoid it !

------------------
Una salus victus nullam sperare salutem.
The one hope of the doomed is not to hope for safety.
Virgil's Aeneid
http://www.raf123uk.co.uk/

Posts: 565 | From: Letchworth, Herts,England | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
SilverFox441
Member # 6349

posted 11-18-2000 11:02 PM     Profile for SilverFox441   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
MS does indeed have a policy about MS employees posting on public forums...it is strictly forbidden. The ONLY exceptions to my knowledge are a couple of developers that were brought into MS when the company was bought, they were already involved with the online communities.

You will sometimes see 3rd party developers posting (Zipper Interactive on the Crimson Skies boards), they don't work for MS and can get away with it.

You have to get through the MS PR company to get to the developers...and they run a pretty tight ship.

rizzbird1
Member # 6765

posted 11-19-2000 05:25 AM     Profile for rizzbird1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fender:
So what would you guys like to see in a patch?

I would like to see a Lock nearest Bandit, Lock nearest Threat i hate locking every bandit but the one shooting the hell out of me! also i would like to see the totally unrealistic brackets in padlock mode, gone. Why go to all the trouble of having a realstic startup option and leaving those stupid brackets in the game? Also what happened to the Helldiver. Why couldnt they give us a generic virtual cockpit for the ai planes! They know Abacus make Add ons for their sims? It would have to be a big patch to make me happy.

Posts: 46 | From: essex,england | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Augurin
Member # 7262

posted 11-19-2000 12:18 PM     Profile for Augurin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SilverFox441:
MS does indeed have a policy about MS employees posting on public forums...it is strictly forbidden. The ONLY exceptions to my knowledge are a couple of developers that were brought into MS when the company was bought, they were already involved with the online communities.

You will sometimes see 3rd party developers posting (Zipper Interactive on the Crimson Skies boards), they don't work for MS and can get away with it.

You have to get through the MS PR company to get to the developers...and they run a pretty tight ship.

Though they don't post openly, I know that several members of the team read this forum regularly, and they often even mail some of the comments to other members of the team (and friends).

Posts: 10 | From: Bothell, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.