my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » How Do U Put Imported Aircraft in Enenmy Plane Selection in Quick Combat?

Author Topic: How Do U Put Imported Aircraft in Enenmy Plane Selection in Quick Combat?
MagenDavid
Member # 3784

posted 11-15-2000 06:45 PM     Profile for MagenDavid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i know someone posted the instructions for adding imports to the quickcom file or something. but i can't find the thread..

alos, how do u get all planes and imported aircraft to show up in Campaigns. For example, i don't get the corsair to fly in a US campign..
thanks

anvil
Member # 7613

posted 11-15-2000 07:11 PM     Profile for anvil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
get qcedit from here and their readme explains it ,, a good proggy http://www.ozemail.com.au/~jaesenj/software/software.html
Posts: 31 | From: Woodland Park, Co, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
MagenDavid
Member # 3784

posted 11-15-2000 08:52 PM     Profile for MagenDavid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
excellent !

erhh.. it will work with CFS2 right? since it seems to b for CFS1

MagenDavid
Member # 3784

posted 11-15-2000 08:59 PM     Profile for MagenDavid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
my other question was how to get all planes to appear in the campaign and also single missions??

thanks..

Der Jager
Member # 7317

posted 11-16-2000 02:01 AM     Profile for Der Jager   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
MagenDavid
S!
I D/L this file, and it HAS to be for CFS1 not for CFS2! It did not work! !? It would not recognize the CFS2.exe, it kept looking for the CFS1 exe file! Bummer! !
I've been TRYING to get Bruno's I-16 polikarpov (rata) in quick combat by editing
the quickcombat file, NO luck! !!
Any one else have any ideas?!?
Thanks!
Horrido!

Wasp
Member # 3002

posted 11-16-2000 02:20 AM     Profile for Wasp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Morning,
I seem to recall that planes can be entered into quickcombat bit by editing the qc file in the QC folder, with notepad. I did have a look and it looked quite straight forward if a little laborious, although I didn't try it.
Hope this is of some help
Regards
Wasp

------------------
Una salus victus nullam sperare salutem.
The one hope of the doomed is not to hope for safety.
Virgil's Aeneid
http://www.raf123uk.co.uk/

Posts: 565 | From: Letchworth, Herts,England | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Yoshio
Member # 7229

posted 11-16-2000 03:16 AM     Profile for Yoshio   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Der Jager,

Copy the cfs2.exe file to a different dir and
rename it to combatfs.exe
Then copy it back to your cfs2 dir.

It seems that it only checks the name not the content ( i gues you can take any file).

Posts: 15 | From: Somewhere in Holland | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
MagenDavid
Member # 3784

posted 11-16-2000 08:34 AM     Profile for MagenDavid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
THE QC EDITOR WORKS FOR CFS2 !

download here... http://www.ozemail.com.au/~jaesenj/software/software.html

as Yoshio said, make a copy of cfs2.exe, rename it to combatfs.exe and put it in your CFS2 folder so that the program can find it and start. it just needs to do that.

start the program and its quite intuitive.

In the first 'Aircraft' Tab, just highlight the new plane u want and click "Fighter" or "Bomber" to give it its Family type. Then highlight the Category options you want your this plane to be a part of, say "All Fighters", "Fighter/Bomber Mix", "US"

In the other 'Category' Tab, u can add new categories, like "Addons".

This screenshot shows me in a Corsair flying against enemy planes of P40s, P47s, P51s, B17s, Hurricanes, in Quick Combat..

Der Jager
Member # 7317

posted 11-16-2000 07:01 PM     Profile for Der Jager   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Yoshio:
Der Jager,

Copy the cfs2.exe file to a different dir and
rename it to combatfs.exe
Then copy it back to your cfs2 dir.

It seems that it only checks the name not the content ( i gues you can take any file).

----------------------
S! AND THANKS!!!

Yes it does work!! !!
I just finished a quick combat flying a Zero A6m2 against some Hawk 75s, I really enjoyed the way they flamed! NOW, IF ONLY someone could figure out how to implement the damage decals for the add on aircraft!!

Thanks again!
Horrido!

MagenDavid
Member # 3784

posted 11-16-2000 08:33 PM     Profile for MagenDavid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yah, damage decals would be nice on the addons.. but at least they burst into flames at the moment.

i think its got to do first with a bmp of the plane with broken parts and then that has to maybe be linked to some instruction file. anyone looking into this??

by the way, Wasp has posted a better QC Editor here.. http://www.combatsim.com/ubb/Forum62/HTML/001532.html

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.