my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » TBF Avenger 2 for Your Download

Author Topic: TBF Avenger 2 for Your Download
MagenDavid
Member # 3784

posted 11-12-2000 05:58 PM     Profile for MagenDavid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi,

Here's an FTP download link to my TBFAVG2 (TBF Avenger 2) zip file for your download. What's this all about? The attached readme text file will explain everything.
http://www.magix.com.sg/users/btan7/tbfavg2.zip (download the zip file)
http://www.magix.com.sg/users/btan7/readme.txt (read the readme text file)

In essence, I've modified the shipped TBF Avenger to have:

a) Wells FM v1.7 so it's flyable,
b) David Eckert's TBM Avenger panel and gauges so it's got a 2d cockpit,
c) Mike Hambly's TBM Avenger sound pack so it's got new sounds.

It should also be able to drop bombs/torpedos, fire rockets, take and show damage, etc, since in terms of doing those things, it's still using the default properties (files) of the shipped TBF Avenger.

I've obtained permission from all 3 designers above to use their work and I've packaged all this in a easy to install zip file (4.9MB).

For your enjoyment and Merry Christmas!

MagenDavid
Member # 3784

posted 11-13-2000 08:21 AM     Profile for MagenDavid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
U might find this download at the Hangar, CFS2 Online, CombatFS.com, Resource Center too, sometime soon, if they decide to upload it.

cheers

fritzdog
Member # 6884

posted 11-13-2000 11:12 AM     Profile for fritzdog     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll try to upload it tonight. Thanks.

------------------
Fritzdog
F/A-18 Resource Center
CFS2 Resource Center

Posts: 45 | From: Cincinnati, Ohio USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Crash!
Member # 7653

posted 11-13-2000 10:36 PM     Profile for Crash!   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe its just me, but there's no panel. Is something hosed in the download? I saw the panel bitmap file. Can I tweak something?
Posts: 54 | From: Schenectady, NY, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
FlightJockey
Member # 4134

posted 11-14-2000 02:56 AM     Profile for FlightJockey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
MagenDavid,

(((Downloading it now)))

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too!

MagenDavid
Member # 3784

posted 11-14-2000 08:51 AM     Profile for MagenDavid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Same to You FlightJock!
:-)

Crash,
the panel files are already in the TBF Avenger 2/Panel folder. But for the 2d panel to show up, u need to put the files in the Gauges folder into your CSF2/Gauges folder.

cheers

Crash!
Member # 7653

posted 11-16-2000 04:10 PM     Profile for Crash!   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MagenDavid:
Same to You FlightJock!
:-)

Crash,
the panel files are already in the TBF Avenger 2/Panel folder. But for the 2d panel to show up, u need to put the files in the Gauges folder into your CSF2/Gauges folder.

cheers

I did. Then I installed it again. Still no panel. Did anybody else out there install it?

Posts: 54 | From: Schenectady, NY, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
MagenDavid
Member # 3784

posted 11-16-2000 08:28 PM     Profile for MagenDavid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Crash,

Hmm.. u should be doing the right thing.
I presume u mean no panel in the 2d cockpit cos it doesn't come with a 3d cockpit.
I'm not sure why it doesn't work for u.
I've tested it a few times. seems ok n straight forward.

anyone else face this problem?

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.