my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Airbudha's P-51

Author Topic: Airbudha's P-51
Silencer
Member # 6965

posted 11-12-2000 09:11 AM     Profile for Silencer     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just downloaded Airbuddha's P-51 mustang "Glamorous Glen III" mod that nakes the P-51 flyable. It seems to me though that it is a bit too maneuverable. I cant make any decent sustained turn without blacking out. Also, every time i go into the vertical the plane stalls straight away.
Was the P-51 really like that?
Thanks

Posts: 11 | From: South Yorkshire, England | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
SpinDry
Member # 7379

posted 11-12-2000 09:50 AM     Profile for SpinDry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My guess is that

a) you're pulling too many Gs, and

b) you're over-controlling at the top of the stall.

Use the Shift-Z to show framerates, it also has a G meter. Keep that number down as much as you can, get used to maneuvering without over-stressing, and you'll remember how to do it without the guage. When you know you're going to flirt with stall speed, such as at the top of vertical maneuvers, get yourself set up before you hit the critical speed and then let go the controls so the bird goes ballistic. That minimizes spin potential. As the nose comes around use gentle (like 10 degrees or less deflection) control inputs one axis at a time, and tease the aircraft onto the heading you want as the speed begins to re-gather on the downside.

If you have trouble still, set all your sensitivied to absolute zero with no null zone and practice aerobatics using only the control that gives you, then go back to your regular config.

GL!

Posts: 296 | From: Rome, NY, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
BadBooze
Member # 7306

posted 11-12-2000 10:05 AM     Profile for BadBooze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Silencer --- !!!

Noting your post, has Airbuddha published an actual patch for the P-51? (fixing the frame rate issue?).

I went to the Hangar site, but could not find anything...hoping to fly the 51, and have been waiting for a fix.

What Say? --- Many Thanks ----

Posts: 141 | From: San Ramon, CA. USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Silencer
Member # 6965

posted 11-12-2000 11:38 AM     Profile for Silencer     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
what frame rate issue is that? I got the P-51 from the hangar and havent had any frame rate probs with it.
Posts: 11 | From: South Yorkshire, England | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
BadBooze
Member # 7306

posted 11-12-2000 11:43 AM     Profile for BadBooze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Silencer ----

OK -- the problem occurs when viewing the plane EXTERNALLY! When in the cockpit, my frame rates and where they should be but going outside my normally 70-90 FPs drops to 13 FPS !!!! (ref. view is sitting ready for takeoff in Free Flight)-- putting the 51 in any type of combat environment and viewing it externally, renders the game unflyable. Airbuddha is aware of the issue. Check it out. I am running a fast setup -- the CFS2 planes do not have this problem.

Thanks --- BB --- !!!

Posts: 141 | From: San Ramon, CA. USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Wasp
Member # 3002

posted 11-12-2000 12:10 PM     Profile for Wasp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Perhaps AirBuddha should have charged for the CFS2 downloads, then perhaps people would have a right to moan about framerates and Fms. I have a P2 400 /Voodoo Banshee and I can use the downloaded aircraft in free flight and one-on-one in quick combat, nothing else, but I think, well, thats better than a kick up the arse and they were free.
AirBuddha has said that he is addressing the problems and he'll let us know if and when he has solutions.
Until then, enjoy your free downloads, however they run on your computer, and if you're not happy, take them out.
Regards
Wasp

Note: This is not aimed at anybody in particular but to all the many posters on this subject.
------------------
Una salus victus nullam sperare salutem.
The one hope of the doomed is not to hope for safety.
Virgil's Aeneid http://www.raf123uk.co.uk/

[This message has been edited by Wasp (edited 11-12-2000).]

Posts: 565 | From: Letchworth, Herts,England | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.