my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Drawing in the sky

Author Topic: Drawing in the sky
nibbio
Member # 7579

posted 11-12-2000 08:20 AM     Profile for nibbio   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Another lil' mod...
Much better for SA and IFF than those awful yellow brackets

grab it here http://web.tiscalinet.it/jobim/contrails/contrails.zip (instructions included)

WARNING #1: it doesn't work in quick combat, but does in free flight and missions
WARNING #2: with many planes in the sky it can be a frame rate hog, SO BACKUP YOU ORIGINAL FILES!!!!

aknoledgements: my wonderful wife Olivia who took care of the children while I "worked"

[This message has been edited by nibbio (edited 11-12-2000).]

Posts: 166 | From: Italy | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
TBird66
Member # 4720

posted 11-12-2000 08:36 AM     Profile for TBird66   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's airshow day !

One question: could this effect be coupled with the g-force blackout? What I want to say is: On some occasions, when you pull high-g, there could be seen those trails at the wingtip of an a/c, I think it's modeled in SDOE. Would be great if we could have this in CFS2 (of course not in these colours )

TBird

Posts: 350 | From: Germany | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
nibbio
Member # 7579

posted 11-12-2000 08:51 AM     Profile for nibbio   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
TBird66, maybe it can be done.
Nice suggestion. Actually I fiddled with the contrails just as a debug instrument because I'm trying to find out exactly how the damage model works, in order to verify if we can get rid of the indiscriminate "roll damage".

Also I would like to have some gory bloody effects for pilot kill situations... but this later

Actually the contrails can help quite a bit as an instrument for learning ACM, deflection shooting and increasing situatonal awareness. Also they are invaluable for analyzing the maneuvres of the AI pilots. And they look good

Posts: 166 | From: Italy | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
68 Romeo
Member # 7625

posted 11-12-2000 12:38 PM     Profile for 68 Romeo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Use the rain effect,turn it red,confine it to the cockpit,triggered with pilot damage.
Problem is i dont think there is a rain effect.haha.I was messing with this myself,and then along came delta force land warrior,i just dont seem to have the time now,between cfs2 and lw.lol

Posts: 58 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.