my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » User-made planes that have 3D cockpits

Author Topic: User-made planes that have 3D cockpits
JT
Member # 310

posted 11-11-2000 03:41 PM     Profile for JT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Are there any sites that have a collection or list of user-made planes that have 3D cockpits comparable to the default planes in CFS2?

Yardstick
Member # 124

posted 11-11-2000 04:58 PM     Profile for Yardstick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
JT, I think we're going to find it difficult to find plnes up to the standards that we are used to in a certian other open sim. I've downloaded loads so far and nothing is close. Maybe in time - at least I hope.
JT
Member # 310

posted 11-11-2000 05:26 PM     Profile for JT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I've given up on looking for planes with "comparable" 3D cockpits... now I'm just looking for planes WITH 3D cockpits.

With CFS, I guess having the option for 2D cockpits had the effect of discouraging aircraft authors from making 3D cockpits. It's kind of a bummer, but maybe with CFS2 we'll start seeing users making more fully realized planes.

I guess it also comes down to a matter of preference. People who are satisfied with a 2D cockpit won't notice the lack of a 3D cockpit. People who want a 3D cockpit will consider most of the user-mades incomplete. :-(

MagenDavid
Member # 3784

posted 11-11-2000 08:46 PM     Profile for MagenDavid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
try this Hurricane addon for CFS2. it has 3d cockpit n working rockets/bombs. v good IMHO..
http://www.combatfs.com/warbirds/moreinfo.asp?FileID=257

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.