my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Short Mission Story and a Question

Author Topic: Short Mission Story and a Question
Force10
Member # 4261

posted 11-08-2000 06:53 PM     Profile for Force10   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi all,

Second mission of the campaign, help destroy the planes on the ground. We flew out, got to the Island and started making passes at the ground targets. Almost every pass Im taking flak or bullet damage but the plane is still flyable. I got a couple and then ran out of ammo but I stayed close until the friendlies took out the warf and other targets. My plane is in pretty bad shape as far as turning goes, but the engine seems fine and fuel is ok. Then I spot an enemy plane headed my way. Crap. I have no ammo and my plane looks like it could strain spaggetti noodles. Time to see where my wingmen are. I look behind(labels on) and see 2 of them fairly far behind, with the enemy in between us. I dive as low as I can go to gain speed and try a put some distance from the enemy fighter. At the same time he is taking long shots at me and I keep hitting the "H" key for help. Sure enough, All three of my flight are on his case taking shots at him but they are still kinda far from him. So I figure its time to help them out. I make as hard of a left bank as I can, to try and help them engage. By the end of the 180 turn, I see my 3 buddies go screamin by me so I flip to the behind view and see the enemy get flamed. Man I felt like I should buy him a beer when we get back to the carrier. Too bad I died trying to land....LOL. Had to wave off twice cause I missed the wire(touch and go) then looked through an external view and buried it in the water. I was looking forward to seeing who in my group helped me and have him be my wingan in later missions.Too bad.

The Question: Is there anyway to get a close up external view of your wingies to see what they are up to? I was browsing through the key set up and couldn't find anything. Found some other interesting stuff though. One of them was " Manual Pump landing gear" or something like that. I use the no cockpit view a lot and I saw one of the readings saying my landing gear was only 99% down. Maybe this pump would help. The only thing Im not liking about this game right now is the view system. No flyby(my favorite in most sims) cant get views of other objects or planes enemy or friendly? Im looking for help on that one.

Force10

Posts: 32 | From: CA USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Aviar
Member # 3297

posted 11-09-2000 01:04 AM     Profile for Aviar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Force10,

On views:

Go to the Settings screen. Click on 'Controller Assignments'. Scroll down to 'View Commands'. Plenty of options here!

To view your wingman, use the 'Chase View' command. Then, cycle through the objects using the 'Select Next Target' and 'Select Previous Target' commands.

There are a ton of undocumented commands in this game. Don't be afraid to experiment.

Aviar

Posts: 196 | From: Bergen County, NJ USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.