my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Sound & Fps Problem with AWE64

Author Topic: Sound & Fps Problem with AWE64
TS
Member # 7164

posted 11-08-2000 02:59 AM     Profile for TS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Hi all, hereīs another question.
At this points the sound stutter together with the frame rate.
1. When a radio message comes in or the MGs are firering.
2. When I change from a cockpit view to the outside view with F4/S.
3. When I crashed and the explosion is showed the game stands for 1 or 2 seconds and then stutters to the end.
My hardware is:
SB AWE64 Gold - PII 266 - 128MB - ATI Rage Pro - 2x Diamond Monster2 á 12MB - Adaptec AHA-2940 SCSI-card - TEAC SCSI CD-ROM and Seagate SCSI drive.

Anybody can help?

Posts: 53 | From: Germany | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
TS
Member # 7164

posted 11-08-2000 03:36 AM     Profile for TS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

I forgot something:
When I turn off the sound with "Q" it runs smoothly.
Also when I turn all sound sliders down in the menu so I canīt hear anything in the game, itīs the same with the "Q" key.
And also itīs the same in the lowest resolution and with all graphic set to low.

nibbio
Member # 7579

posted 11-08-2000 05:11 AM     Profile for nibbio   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SB AWE 64 here as well, same prob.
Things got much better when I disabled the AWE 64 wavetable something from the hardware configuration of win98 and turned sound acceleration one notch down (multimedia in control panel). Still not perfect, but much better now

Posts: 166 | From: Italy | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
nibbio
Member # 7579

posted 11-08-2000 05:14 AM     Profile for nibbio   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
one other thing: look under sound in cfs2.cfg and change channels to 2 and 8 bits to 16; sound quality will greatly improve, and I have the impression it stutters less with these settings
TS
Member # 7164

posted 11-08-2000 10:01 AM     Profile for TS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Thanks Nibbio,
that works very fine for me, no stuttering together with any sound. I need only to disable the AWE 64 wavetable and have the
sound acceleration at 100% like before. (After trying to put it down)
And here is my cfs2.cfg now:

[SOUND]
Channels=2
SamplesPerSec=44100
BitsPerSample=16

Many thanks.

nibbio
Member # 7579

posted 11-08-2000 11:11 AM     Profile for nibbio   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, 44100? I had tried 22050 and reverted to 11025 because even if the sound was better I saw no benefit for the stuttering... I'll definitely try 44100 now and see if it improves even more.
Glad of having been of assistance!

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

Đ COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.