my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Head pans too slowly in virtual cockpit, any fixes?

Author Topic: Head pans too slowly in virtual cockpit, any fixes?
Gambit21
Member # 17

posted 11-06-2000 05:18 PM     Profile for Gambit21   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't stand this, the camera moves waaaaaay too slowly for combat. I don't have 3 seconds to turn my head from center to right wing, can this speed be altered?
Thanks
Gambit21

Kadin
Member # 7372

posted 11-06-2000 05:38 PM     Profile for Kadin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
First of all what framerates are you getting shift+z. If the framerates are around 35 then exit the game and open the cfs2.cfg file with notepad. Scroll down until you find [Conrols]. The last line can be changed to higher numbers(default is 400). I have a hunch that your framerates are low though because the 400 is not slow at all. Give it a try.
plummerx
Member # 3213

posted 11-06-2000 05:56 PM     Profile for plummerx   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Try this:
Go into control panel and click the keyboard icon. increase the key repeat rate and decrease the delay.

Posts: 570 | From: Graham WA USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Geodude
Member # 7524

posted 11-06-2000 06:15 PM     Profile for Geodude   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Like it says above, go to [CONTROLS] and change to PAN_RATE=900 (from the default 400) and see how it feels...

Posts: 20 | From: Minnesota, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
jarheadone
Member # 4911

posted 11-07-2000 12:58 AM     Profile for jarheadone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I went into the config file and changed my PAN_RATE to 1500. Now when I'm in 3d cockpit I can just about break my neck it turns so fast.
Posts: 61 | From: Modesto, Calif. USA | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Gambit21
Member # 17

posted 11-09-2000 02:19 PM     Profile for Gambit21   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll give it a try, thanks for the replys.
Gambit21

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.