my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » 'Wobbling' terrain textures

Author Topic: 'Wobbling' terrain textures
MartinK
Member # 7795

posted 11-06-2000 11:44 AM     Profile for MartinK   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
First of all I'd like to say that I've never had a better first impression of a sim than I had of CFS2.
One thing though, my terrain wobbles. The textures 'move' if you know what I mean. Driver problem? I'm running a TNT2 Ultra.

Thanks,

Martin

Posts: 33 | From: Sandefjord, Norway | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Weasel
Member # 299

posted 11-06-2000 02:43 PM     Profile for Weasel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I too have a TNT2U and have the same problem. But it looks more like its "jumping". If I look at the water for example, it moves smooth for a sec or two, but then it twitches, like the puter are getting something from RAM and stops for a microsecond, then it moves smoothe a couple of seconds again.

I did notice the same effect when moving from 3.90 Detonator to 6.47? But that twitching was more obvious. I then changed to 6.31. I have yet to try the 3.90 again to see if the twitching stops.

Posts: 531 | From: Sweden | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
MartinK
Member # 7795

posted 11-06-2000 04:33 PM     Profile for MartinK   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I bet MS will release a patch to fix it. Still enjoying it though!

Martin

Posts: 33 | From: Sandefjord, Norway | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.