my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Can't Get Outside View of My Aircraft

Author Topic: Can't Get Outside View of My Aircraft
Robin Mun-Gavin
Member # 1474

posted 11-06-2000 11:05 AM     Profile for Robin Mun-Gavin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have just installed MCFS2 and have leapt into the free flight option.
My problem is that I am unable to get aan outside view of my aircraft.
The manual refers to this as the spot view and states that one gets this by pressing the F4 key twice (from the cockpit view).
When I do this nothing happens!!
What am I doing wrong - any suggestions?

Posts: 68 | From: Durban, KwaZulu Natal, South Africa | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Wells
Member # 7315

posted 11-06-2000 12:08 PM     Profile for Wells   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You probably installed it with the Flight Sim keyset, it gives you the option of that or CFS. If that's the case, it will be mapped to the 's' key. You can change it in the settings somewhere.
Willem
Member # 6591

posted 11-06-2000 12:19 PM     Profile for Willem   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
When you installed it, you were given an choice between the CFS2 key commands, and the “classic” CFS1 commands.
My guess is, that you choose the latter.
Going from memory here, the views in CFS1 were done with the S key.
To change it:
Go to settings, controller assignments, and select reset default: now you can select the CFS2 keys, wich I believe most of us are using.

If your new to this sim I suggest to do a lot of reading on this forum, there’s a lot of tips and info to be found.

Cheers, Willem.

Posts: 73 | From: Holland | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Willem
Member # 6591

posted 11-06-2000 12:21 PM     Profile for Willem   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn! my connection broke up, and now Wells beat me to it!

Posts: 73 | From: Holland | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
FoxK
Member # 81

posted 11-06-2000 04:23 PM     Profile for FoxK   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
this method always works for me ...apparently, the nosegunner prefers hitting the S key

------------------
"We're not retreating. Hell, we're just attacking in a different direction!"
GEN. OLIVER P. SMITH, USMC

[This message has been edited by FoxK (edited 11-06-2000).]

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.