my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Contact MS TechSupport!!! Don't be lazy!!!

Author Topic: Contact MS TechSupport!!! Don't be lazy!!!
riordan
Member # 810

posted 11-06-2000 09:23 AM     Profile for riordan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Please, everyone who has an issue with this sim, REPORT IT! I have been through the 'hoops' that MS makes you jump through now to report problems. It is time consuming and generally a pain in the ass. However, why waste time here complaining to compatriots when we can go to the source? Then if nothing is done we have reason for anger. I have a ticket in now that has been close TWICE by the support person who has answered it. If this happens to you and your claim is not addressed to your satisfaction, KEEP OPENING IT! Don't give up until you get some real answers. I am NOT happy about this state of affairs with MS tech support, but I have no room to talk if I don't do everything I can to be heard...AND NEITHER DO YOU.

Here's to hoping for a patch

riordan

Posts: 202 | From: SA,TX,US | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
BadBooze
Member # 7306

posted 11-06-2000 09:34 AM     Profile for BadBooze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Go Riordan !!! ====

Mine are all going in and it is important to let MS know which issues are most important because you can be your PC that those are the ones that will get addressed in the first (and maybe only) patch to CFS2.

Many simmers forget that MS is a business whose main priority (like any profit corporation) is to make money. Performance downsides in CFS2 represent reasons why people might not buy CFS2 so they carry alot of weight (or should anyway).

My guess is that MS will do ONE patch to CFS2 and move on to the next package....so keep waving the flag!!!!

Have Fun - Keep Flying !!! ==== :-) === BB

Posts: 141 | From: San Ramon, CA. USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
JG11Preusse
Member # 338

posted 11-06-2000 09:38 AM     Profile for JG11Preusse   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
looks like the tech supp hotline is cheap or cost-free in usa.
here it germany you have to pay much money while calling their hotline. one minutes costs about 1,5 us$. the game itself was very expansive....now i dont like to pay the same prize again for calling them because these idiots made the bugs...not me.

Hals und Beinbruch
Hptm Preusse

Posts: 116 | From: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
riordan
Member # 810

posted 11-06-2000 10:08 AM     Profile for riordan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You don't have to make a telephone call. The support is web-based. Sorry, after all the BS I went through to get my complaint in, I forget to give the link .

Here is where you need to go. You will need your PID (product ID). Once you have registered and put that in you will get a screen to put in your complaints about CFS2.
http://support.microsoft.com/support/webresponse.asp?FR=0&SD=SO
Choose 'COMBAT FLIGHT SIMULATOR' from drop-down list and click 'Submit a Question Using No-Charge Support'. You will be required to sign-up for a Passport account, then you will be allowed to submit a ticket. Big pain in the ass, but quicker than complaining here all day

--- This portion of the site is currently down . Please keep trying. We will get nowhere without the complaints flooding in. ---

WARNING: They closed mine twice so far; once because the guy didn't even read the entire ticket, and once because I was told to put in a 'suggestion'. Complain and fight the company; don't just lounge here and complain. We spend far too much time in these forums complaining (me included) when we should be flooding these companies with emails/complaints. Let's stop taking the b**ls**t and start getting some answers!

riordan

riordan
Member # 810

posted 11-06-2000 12:37 PM     Profile for riordan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How about posting when you put in a complaint? This would be a good way for us to track what MS should be acting on.

riordan

riordan
Member # 810

posted 11-06-2000 03:03 PM     Profile for riordan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok. I just put in another complain cuz movies don't play with video in the game, only sound. I can play them in WMP, but not in the sim...go figure.

riordan

riordan
Member # 810

posted 11-07-2000 08:13 AM     Profile for riordan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmm. I hope the response to this is not an indicator of the volume of tickets MS is getting from users on this forum.

Anyways, I finally got the first level support to forward on my 1st major ticket to simulator support. What a pain. We'll see if it goes anywhere. It is a ticket regarding the roll rate damage issue. Please put tickets in for this if you are also bothered by this behavior. Perhaps we can get them to patch it.

riordan

PipsPriller
Member # 5824

posted 11-07-2000 06:19 PM     Profile for PipsPriller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm with you on this one riordan.

Microsoft seems to have the attitude of releasing a product and letting it lie. The original CFS is a classic case. Oh, how that sim could have improved with a patch!

And, if we are not vocal, the same will happen to CFS 2. Tucker Hatfield was recently qouted in an artical as saying CFS did not need a patch update! Who's he kidding?

Just look at all the problems that have been highlighted in this forum.

But if we don't make a noise nothing will happen, and a 'potentially' fantastic sim will go down the drain.

So get your fingers working guys and post those complaints. Then follow them up and get an answer. Keep up the pressure

Posts: 187 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
DanC
Member # 7761

posted 11-07-2000 06:39 PM     Profile for DanC   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The damn on-line support won't accept my product number in order to get my problem answered!! My only choice is Combat Flight Simulator not CFS2. Is that a problem?
BTW - Anyone else using keyboard rudder commands??
I can not get right rudder from the keyboard. Even if I remap to other keys!!

PipsPriller
Member # 5824

posted 11-09-2000 01:18 AM     Profile for PipsPriller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone else have anything to say?

Posts: 187 | From: Australia | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
zombie
Member # 2776

posted 11-09-2000 08:42 AM     Profile for zombie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I contacted MS over a week ago via their online support page regarding clarification of the supposed AMD processor patch they mention in the readme file, plus some problems I'm having with with sound stuttering when I fire my guns. Haven't heard a peep from them yet...
Posts: 28 | From: Toledo, OH | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bard
Member # 7187

posted 11-09-2000 09:36 AM     Profile for Bard   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PipsPriller:
I'm with you on this one riordan.

Microsoft seems to have the attitude of releasing a product and letting it lie. The original CFS is a classic case. Oh, how that sim could have improved with a patch!

I've actually found M$ to be very good at releasing patches for products.

Posts: 170 | From: Vancouver Canada | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
rjm
Member # 1373

posted 11-09-2000 11:47 AM     Profile for rjm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
AAARRRRGGGGGGGGG...........
There...now I feel a little better.
Riordan - I have been to the Microsoft page, my blood pressure is 200 over 120. I'm too old and my nerves are much too frayed for this. I feel like a rat who has gone through the maze every possible way, only to end up at the beginning, each time! I'm fairly new to computers but am learning fast to hate Microsoft support. Thank goodness I've also had dealings with Dell's Tech support, so I know it could be better. It appears to me that Microsoft just doesn't want to receive. Are they really reading the messages I'm sending???
I tried Riordan.....just couldn't take the pressure.... ....maybe later, after a couple mind altering drugs, I'll make another run up the hill........
RJM.

Posts: 264 | From: Fairview, Michigan | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.