my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » I Hate Hate!

Author Topic: I Hate Hate!
Johnny K
Member # 7226

posted 11-06-2000 08:39 AM     Profile for Johnny K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Whoever's in charge of this forum should not allow hate-oriented material to be posted here. This forum is supposed to be about CFS2 and related topics, not why so-and-so should be shot or why I hate so-and-so.

I'm sure there are fora somewhere for such ideas, but this shouldn't be one of them.

Posts: 6 | From: Pickering, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Roger N
Member # 7730

posted 11-06-2000 09:27 AM     Profile for Roger N   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello

I agree. Perhaps some of the "hate merchants" should visit some civil flight sim forums and see how they operate. The majority of the contributors are only interested in flight simulation.

Roger

Posts: 7 | From: Swindon UK | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ken Wright
Member # 3550

posted 11-06-2000 11:47 AM     Profile for Ken Wright   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Weird isn't it? I left a certain B172 site because of all the vitriol - and I'm not arguing about whether it's justified or not. It's just that I prefer to treat this as a hobby and a place to relax. It was more than probable that Wayward got p***ed off by some of the posts, with the result that first hand information started to dry up.

I just wonder if this thread along with it's neighbour is going to start the next epidemic

------------------
They mostly come at night .... mostly

Posts: 89 | From: Leicester, UK | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dickby
Member # 2950

posted 11-06-2000 12:34 PM     Profile for Dickby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Too bad we don`t have a OT section where people with a bug up their ass could post their crap.
Dickby

Posts: 108 | From: Trumbull,Ct U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
von_M
Member # 181

posted 11-06-2000 02:36 PM     Profile for von_M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dickby:
Too bad we don`t have a OT section where people with a bug up their ass could post their crap.
Dickby

Yup, there is an Off-topic forum here (here being CombatSim )

Here's the address.
http://www.combatsim.com/ubbcgi/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=Off-Topic&number=35&DaysPrune=2&LastLogin=

I tried suggesting it before, but...

Johnny K, I too want to keep CombatSim a peaceful and happy place

------------------
Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori.. -From the Odes of Horace.

Posts: 459 | From: London, Ontario. Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Scooby33
Member # 7602

posted 11-06-2000 04:02 PM     Profile for Scooby33   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Greetings, Gents...

I completely agree with your comments that some of the posts I've seen here recently are inappropriate (to put it mildly), given the subject matter of the forum. After all, as Ken pointed out, this is just a hobby. Obviously, there are a zillion sites on the web where inflammatory posts are accepted and welcome. This site is not one of them, but unfortunately not everyone has the good judgment to realize that. I would suggest that the best way to make inflammatory posts go away, would be for people to not reply to them (and/or not read them). We in the U.S. are accustomed to people that interpret the First Amendment as being "the right to vent my anger & opinion any damn place I feel like it." You learn to tune those people out.

Posts: 23 | From: Scarborough, Maine, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
OSOK
Member # 7772

posted 11-06-2000 04:04 PM     Profile for OSOK     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
we all try our hardest at keeping this forum what it is... a forum... none of those newsgroups where one out of 2 posts are flaming someone.

[This message has been edited by OSOK (edited 11-06-2000).]

Posts: 39 | From: Miami, FL | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ajax
Member # 1986

posted 11-06-2000 04:47 PM     Profile for Ajax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't feed the troll and it will starve.

As simple as that. (And S! to whoever said that )

------------------
-Ajax out

--------------------
"Je suis un Canadien québécois, un Français canadien-français. Un Américain du Nord français. Un francophone québécois canadien. On est des Canadiens américains francophones."-Elvis Gratton
--------------------
"You always use violence. I should've ordered glutinous rice chicken" -Anonymous

Wasp
Member # 3002

posted 11-06-2000 05:00 PM     Profile for Wasp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hate is a terrible word, however applied.
Regards
Wasp

------------------
Una salus victus nullam sperare salutem.
The one hope of the doomed is not to hope for safety.
Virgil's Aeneid
http://www.raf123uk.co.uk

Posts: 565 | From: Letchworth, Herts,England | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
ArgonV
Member # 5888

posted 11-06-2000 05:45 PM     Profile for ArgonV   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know really... It gets on my nerves "Patch this and patch that and fix that and why doesnt this work..."

Ok for one, READ THE MANUAL! Thats what it is for. You would be surprised how many posts here ask stuff thats in the manual. Maybe those people are just brain dead?

Another thing... MS SHOULD patch this sim, but why do so many people bitch about it? It seems the bitching gets worse and worse as every day goes by. This sim is one of the few sims thats enjoyable straight out of the box. Why cant the people who bought it enjoy it for what it is? And if you just cant... then return it! ITS THAT SIMPLE PEOPLE!

Now I dont know about the rest of you, but Im going to go now and enjoy flying this great sim MS has blessed us with.

Posts: 359 | From: League City, Texas, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Scooby33
Member # 7602

posted 11-06-2000 06:12 PM     Profile for Scooby33   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Agreed. Time to go flame some Bettys. Just have to be careful not to get too close to them...
Posts: 23 | From: Scarborough, Maine, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
von_M
Member # 181

posted 11-06-2000 06:58 PM     Profile for von_M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ajax:

"Je suis un Canadien québécois, un Français canadien-français. Un Américain du Nord français. Un francophone québécois canadien. On est des Canadiens américains francophones."-Elvis Gratton
--------------------
"You always use violence. I should've ordered glutinous rice chicken" -Anonymous

Ajax, you have those quotes mixed up, it was Elvis Gratton who said "You always use violence. I should've ordered glutinous rice chicken".

------------------
Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori.. -From the Odes of Horace.

Posts: 459 | From: London, Ontario. Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.