my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Auto-Pilot

Author Topic: Auto-Pilot
Bandit~six
Member # 7652

posted 11-06-2000 03:36 AM     Profile for Bandit~six   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
S' all

Has anyone got the Auto pilot settings found under keyboard assignments to actualy work with the stock planes.
Thanx.

Andrew Poulos
Member # 7794

posted 11-06-2000 09:28 AM     Profile for Andrew Poulos   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Hi,

Yes you can enable the autopilot
make sure you turn on the main autopilot switch first than your alt.have not tried heading
though.

Posts: 6 | From: Brockton,Ma.,USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
BadBooze
Member # 7306

posted 11-06-2000 09:46 AM     Profile for BadBooze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yo Bandit ----

The autopilot functions, while one of those things not well documented (standard MS quality documentation) work well !!! .. at least the ones I have programmed into my keys. Was real handy on a flight from Johnston Atoll to Hawaii the other night LOL !!!

Have Fun ===== :-) === BB

Posts: 141 | From: San Ramon, CA. USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Irish2
Member # 5302

posted 11-06-2000 10:56 AM     Profile for Irish2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Auto-Pilot.....what stinkin auto-pilot.

Where...? How....??

I have been lookin for a week for A/P, please
what keys can I use.?

Posts: 164 | From: St. Louis Mo | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
BadBooze
Member # 7306

posted 11-06-2000 11:15 AM     Profile for BadBooze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Salute Irish !!! ---

Go into the setup screens and select the controller (keyboard) assignments function. When you bring this up, you will see a long listing of all the functions which can be assigned to keys, etc. Go down the list to the autopilot functions (there are about 6 or 7 of them ?) and assign those which you would like to use, to keys....I use the number keys 1 thru 3 for my selections with key 1 assigned to the "autopilot master switch toggle"...I use the other two keys for altitude hold and azimuth hold.

Good Luck --- It works ---- :-) ---- BB

Posts: 141 | From: San Ramon, CA. USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ken Wright
Member # 3550

posted 11-06-2000 11:55 AM     Profile for Ken Wright   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's a big thanks from me too!!!! While you're at it do you know how to abandon a ditched plane yet without jumping before you hit the deck?

Cheers

------------------
They mostly come at night .... mostly

Posts: 89 | From: Leicester, UK | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Irish2
Member # 5302

posted 11-06-2000 02:09 PM     Profile for Irish2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
S! BB.....! Thank You for the lead.
Here's to some smooth flying !

Cheers !

Posts: 164 | From: St. Louis Mo | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
riordan
Member # 810

posted 11-06-2000 03:01 PM     Profile for riordan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
THANK YOU!!! I am a MSFS veteran, and I can't believe I never thought of that!!!
Wonder what else works???????????????

riordan

Posts: 202 | From: SA,TX,US | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.