my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » inconsistent crashes

Author Topic: inconsistent crashes
Sabadin
Member # 3102

posted 11-04-2000 09:54 PM     Profile for Sabadin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The sim crashes in full screen mode cause my card doesnt support dx7(Intel Express 3D). But then today just to test i tried it in software with a p-38, CTD. Try it with an F-4U, works fine, switch to P-38 turn on hardware acceleration up settings still working. calibrate stick CTD and and i'm back where i started. Any takers?
Vancouver
Member # 6550

posted 11-04-2000 10:31 PM     Profile for Vancouver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Get a decent video card. You can pick one up for easily less than $100 these days.

Posts: 147 | From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Johnkur38
Member # 7729

posted 11-05-2000 12:59 AM     Profile for Johnkur38   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
was having same prob......i went to flightsim .com....readed a letter some one wrote...And it worked for me..D-Click My Computer,D-Ciick on the C drive,D-Click Program files,Click on Direct X Folder and D-click on Settings folder that is in there,D-Click on the Dxdiag This should run the Dx diagnostics utility.Click the display Tab and switch off the AGP support by clicking the AGP button Then click Exit And thats it.And that should work for you now ...and if it don't you and allways change it back...good luck.....
Posts: 64 | From: Springfield,Or,USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.