my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Question - strange effect with Radeon 64mb

Author Topic: Question - strange effect with Radeon 64mb
Starlancer
Member # 7745

posted 11-04-2000 04:06 AM     Profile for Starlancer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I run a AMD 900Mhz with a ATI Radeon 64mb. Can any tech heads answer this question. My desktop is set at 1028x768 at 16bit (I like those settings). when I run CFS2 at 1028x768 32bit I get low frame rates 17 to 25 fps, quick combat, default settings, My wing 4 planes, ememy 8, Virtual cockpit on. However, if I up the res to 1152x864 32bit I get 50 to 80 fps, using the same options in quick combat. Why?. I would have thought that the frame rate would have drop. I get the same effect in FS2000. I not complaining, I'd just like to know why. By the why is there any way to make CFS default to the virtual cockpit.
Starlancer
Member # 7745

posted 11-04-2000 04:16 AM     Profile for Starlancer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I forgot to mention thats with T&L, and FSAA both on.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.