my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Can't open CFS2.CFG..please help.

Author Topic: Can't open CFS2.CFG..please help.
Lost Sheep
Member # 7640

posted 11-03-2000 06:29 PM     Profile for Lost Sheep   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tried opening CFS2.CFG and got a message saying "No viewers registered. Would you like to try with default viewers?" I tried that (the default is QuickView) and got another message saying "May already be opened or locked by another application." I need to get in their to make some game adjustments..any ideas? Thanks.
Posts: 40 | From: Middletown, CT, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
SilverFox441
Member # 6349

posted 11-03-2000 06:30 PM     Profile for SilverFox441   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Notepad will open these files.
Lost Sheep
Member # 7640

posted 11-03-2000 09:04 PM     Profile for Lost Sheep   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was using notepad to open them when I got those messages. Any other ideas?
Buster Brown
Member # 6559

posted 11-04-2000 07:42 AM     Profile for Buster Brown   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Had the same problem. I right clicked the file and used the "open with" command. then used "word pad" to open it. Works fine now.
Posts: 883 | From: Hot Springs, Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lost Sheep
Member # 7640

posted 11-05-2000 06:40 PM     Profile for Lost Sheep   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Still doesn't work..any other ideas?
jarheadone
Member # 4911

posted 11-06-2000 02:39 AM     Profile for jarheadone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lost Sheep, Go to the topic "Panning with the mouse". Last date and time on subject is 11-5-00 11:40am. In the postings you will find I too had a problem opening the cfg file maybe the fixes that helped me will help you.
Posts: 61 | From: Modesto, Calif. USA | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bill Hewett
Member # 115

posted 11-08-2000 07:44 AM     Profile for Bill Hewett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
MS Word opens it fine. Just save as a text file when you're through manipulating.

JarheadOne - Happy 225th of our Corps!

Posts: 1279 | From: MA, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.