my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Sidewinder Profile Editor P{roblem

Author Topic: Sidewinder Profile Editor P{roblem
Rodger Bilko
Member # 2170

posted 11-03-2000 11:55 AM     Profile for Rodger Bilko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't seem to get the profile Editor to work. I have assigned buttons and they don't work.

The Profile is active.
I have tried to assigned keys in the CFS2 Set-up and I have tried with the sidewinder profile editor.

I just can't figure it out, is there an option I'm missing here?

Thanks

------------------
Chocks away, back soon old chap and hey, stay away from Mrs Bilko or I'll give you a damn good thrashing with my STICK

Enlève les cales! Je reviens tout de suite mon vieux; et surtout, tu restes bien loin de Mme Bilko ou je te filerai une bonne grosse rouste avec mon BÂTON.

Zwolnic bloki, wracam niedlugo stary pryku i hej, zostaw Pania Bilko w spokoju albo dam ci dobry wycisk moim KIJKIEM.

От винта, старина, я вернусь скоро, а ты держись подальше от миссис Билко, а не то я проучу тебя моей ПАЛКОЙ!

Posts: 6836 | From: Belfast. Northern Ireland. UK | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Teisco
Member # 7528

posted 11-03-2000 12:25 PM     Profile for Teisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Same here, getting a new stick.

Lost Sheep
Member # 7640

posted 11-03-2000 01:01 PM     Profile for Lost Sheep   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Are you using DirectX 7.0a? I had the same problem and someone suggested I download it again..and it worked!!
Posts: 40 | From: Middletown, CT, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rodger Bilko
Member # 2170

posted 11-03-2000 01:20 PM     Profile for Rodger Bilko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, I have Directx 7a Installed

------------------
Chocks away, back soon old chap and hey, stay away from Mrs Bilko or I'll give you a damn good thrashing with my STICK

Enlève les cales! Je reviens tout de suite mon vieux; et surtout, tu restes bien loin de Mme Bilko ou je te filerai une bonne grosse rouste avec mon BÂTON.

Zwolnic bloki, wracam niedlugo stary pryku i hej, zostaw Pania Bilko w spokoju albo dam ci dobry wycisk moim KIJKIEM.

От винта, старина, я вернусь скоро, а ты держись подальше от миссис Билко, а не то я проучу тебя моей ПАЛКОЙ!

Posts: 6836 | From: Belfast. Northern Ireland. UK | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Hertston
Member # 7363

posted 11-03-2000 08:03 PM     Profile for Hertston   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Odd.

For me it works fine, using the FF pro (original). It may be relevant that I'm using the original software rather than the update (which for some reason refused to work at all).

Other than that, no suggestions I'm afraid

Posts: 246 | From: Torpoint, Cornwall, UK | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Teisco
Member # 7528

posted 11-03-2000 10:10 PM     Profile for Teisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He he I just shelved my MS pro and got a new wingman 3d force feedback and man what a nice stick for 60 bucks! Great throttle, twist handle, good feedback, and it fits the hand very well also. I haven't tried a program with it yet.
curlytop
Member # 7691

posted 11-03-2000 10:31 PM     Profile for curlytop   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Did CFS2 come with direct x 7.0a, and if not where can I get it?

Posts: 76 | From: Jackson, TN, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rodger Bilko
Member # 2170

posted 11-04-2000 04:58 AM     Profile for Rodger Bilko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You can get Directx 7a Here

------------------

Rodger Bilko
Member # 2170

posted 11-04-2000 05:29 AM     Profile for Rodger Bilko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can use the CFS2 set-up to edit the joystick, but this means I can only use half the buttons. (the shift commands don't work in the CFS2 set-up). I still cannot use the Sidewinder Profiler.

I have Directx 7a and the Original software installed. I tried it with updated software as well.

Has anyone got the profiler to work?
(Not the one in the CFS2 set-up)

------------------

Hertston
Member # 7363

posted 11-04-2000 05:48 AM     Profile for Hertston   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Has anyone got the profiler to work?"

As I said, yes

Are you using a FF 1 or an FF2 (and or Windoze ME?) I know the new version DOESN'T work with ME.

Rodger Bilko
Member # 2170

posted 11-04-2000 06:00 AM     Profile for Rodger Bilko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm not using ME and my joystick is not FF just PP1.

------------------

Hertston
Member # 7363

posted 11-04-2000 06:15 AM     Profile for Hertston   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry Rodger, just assumed it was an FF. that said, with CFS2 you havn't missed much

In that case, I'm out of ideas ....

rjm
Member # 1373

posted 11-04-2000 07:06 AM     Profile for rjm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bilkers....
I am using a Sidewinder Pro while waiting for a Force Feedback 2. My SWFF broke, I ordered the FF-2 from Microsoft in October...still 'out of stock'!! I am having no trouble with it. Programed all 8 functions in the 'profile editor'. Maybe your problem is in the CFS2 game program. I also have DirectX7a. Downloaded X7a. right from the game, after I reformated a couple weeks ago....got a bad program from downloading software from Logitech FF 3-D. Check the Joystick boxes in the game. My guess is, that is your glitch.

Posts: 264 | From: Fairview, Michigan | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
rjm
Member # 1373

posted 11-04-2000 07:15 AM     Profile for rjm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just an after thought here, after reading some replys to SWFF posts.....I wonder if Microsoft knows people are not happy with the FF effects with their stick in CFS2, and are changing the software, not shipping out the new FF-2 sticks until problem corrected. They haven't shipped any new FF-2 sticks since mid October....odd.
Posts: 264 | From: Fairview, Michigan | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Hertston
Member # 7363

posted 11-04-2000 06:28 PM     Profile for Hertston   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's the game, not the stick (although I can't comment about the FF2). In fact I rather hoped one of the reasons the FF was so crap on my FF1 was that it was OPTIMISED for the FF2 !!

Guess MiG Alley just spoiled me...

DC-Cannon_51
Member # 3503

posted 11-04-2000 06:53 PM     Profile for DC-Cannon_51   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have FF1. The only prob I have is if I do a bailout, the stick goes limp (been there, done that).

DC

Posts: 28 | From: Murfreesboro, TN, USA | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ajax
Member # 1986

posted 11-04-2000 07:38 PM     Profile for Ajax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bilkers, you mean you actually play those games??

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.