my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » About the Aircraft.cfg file

Author Topic: About the Aircraft.cfg file
Robert Dean
Member # 7330

posted 11-02-2000 10:06 PM     Profile for Robert Dean   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone knows how to decode the "Contact Points" specified in the file. What are they, what they are representing?

I've found one imported aircraft's landing gear wheels halfly "sink" into the earth. Is it something to do with the "Contact Points"?

Blond_Knight
Member # 67

posted 11-03-2000 04:44 AM     Profile for Blond_Knight     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thats how Ive been trying to correct it. And Ive only noticed it with two imports, both Hurri's. Ive tinkered with the contact points so that the A/C isnt halfway under the ground, but only sunk to about a third of the tire diameter. Attempting to bring it up any higher "flings" the A/C off the ground, then it "falls" through the ground and explodes.
Maybe theres a more correct way to fix this prob, but I havent found it yet.

------------------
See-Decide-Attack-Reverse

Posts: 1093 | From: Richmond Va - Capital of the Confederacy | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Robert Dean
Member # 7330

posted 11-03-2000 05:29 AM     Profile for Robert Dean   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If only MS would publish an operation manual which details the structures of all .air, .dp and all .cfg files. I can comprehend and make up something,

Also would you suspect that the bomb problem(can display in selection screen but not in game and won't pickle) has something to do with the model .mdl file. I do suspect so.

If that is so, there is no way currently to decode the .mdl file. I have checked that the problem is not related to the .air file.

Blond_Knight
Member # 67

posted 11-03-2000 09:42 AM     Profile for Blond_Knight     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sure you can open the .MDL file Robert...but I believe you need a 3D modeling app to do it, prefereably that Aircraft Factory app by Abacus. However since its about $80.00 last I checked its far more expensive then most of us can justify, coupled with the fact that making anything in 3D takes some practice to get the hang of.

------------------
See-Decide-Attack-Reverse

Posts: 1093 | From: Richmond Va - Capital of the Confederacy | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.