my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » ARRGGHHH!!! I need to end mission when out of ammo!!!

Author Topic: ARRGGHHH!!! I need to end mission when out of ammo!!!
Gambit21
Member # 17

posted 11-02-2000 11:03 AM     Profile for Gambit21   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This needs to be fixed. If I'm out of ammo, I need to be able to end the mission without being penalized! Last night I was the last allied plane in the sky, defending my carrier group. I was out of ammo but I had to fly around with two zeros following me until they they got hit by flak.
Also, I accidentaly hit time acceleration in one mission and was unable to turn it off.

Spliff
Member # 1456

posted 11-02-2000 11:20 AM     Profile for Spliff   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ctrl R decreases time compression. Ctrl T increases it.
Posts: 25 | From: Bklyn,NY USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Aviar
Member # 3297

posted 11-02-2000 11:37 AM     Profile for Aviar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gambit21,

Well, I guess you'll never be accused of being 'hardcore'!!

Aviar

Posts: 196 | From: Bergen County, NJ USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Gambit21
Member # 17

posted 11-02-2000 12:28 PM     Profile for Gambit21   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How do you figure? I just want to be able to land on the freaken carrier or back at base as a real pilot would do if he was out of ammo!!! I read Chuck Yeagers book and I don't recall any stories of him flying around without any ammo, with 2 Krauts on his tail just for the hell of it.
All I'm saying is, if your damaged to the point where you are useless in the battle, or out of ammo, you should be able to retire from it without being penalized in the campaign.
Gambit21

edit: Thanks for the key stroke Spliff!

[This message has been edited by Gambit21 (edited 11-02-2000).]

MikeToth
Member # 762

posted 11-02-2000 12:53 PM     Profile for MikeToth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What I have experienced when in the same situation is that you have to beat feet out of there and fly out so far from the combat area before the program will prompt you to hit the "X" to continue/end the mission... it would not be very wise to stick around without ammo..... give this a try and see if it works....... or - be careful with your ammo... short bursts as close as possible to the target.......

Mike
Cleveland Ohio

Posts: 219 | From: Cleveland, Ohio USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Dickby
Member # 2950

posted 11-02-2000 01:48 PM     Profile for Dickby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Add this to the bottom of your CFS.cfg and your problems are over.You can return to you ship or airfield at any time.Choose 0 for not enabled and 1 for enabled.Free warp is the one you want.
Dickby
[CHEATS]
allow_slew=0 or 1
bomb_trainer=0 or 1
free_warp=0 or 1
oneshot_kill=0 or 1
show_damage_log=0 or 1

Posts: 108 | From: Trumbull,Ct U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Li'lJugs
Member # 5015

posted 11-02-2000 03:26 PM     Profile for Li'lJugs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm with MikeToth on this one, that is if you're looking for "realism".

"Feets don't fail me now!"

Posts: 1495 | From: State of Confusion | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dickby
Member # 2950

posted 11-02-2000 04:18 PM     Profile for Dickby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Personally I don`t use it but it`s there for people who don`t get all bent out of shape over realism.There simmers and there are gamers.
Dickby

Posts: 108 | From: Trumbull,Ct U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Holliday
Member # 3308

posted 11-02-2000 04:56 PM     Profile for Holliday   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Realism? Are we all playing the same game here? Is it realistic to expect a pilot to continue to fight without ammo? To what end? In hopes of scaring the enemy to death with close proximity passes (the method my wingman uses, saves on bullets). Consider the fact that any damage leaves you with a plane with the same flight characteristics as a falling safe. In such a case, the pilot needs to RTB, but noÖ you have to stay out there in hopes the enemy will not only ignore you, but grow tired and wander off as well.
Here is a touch of realism for you, my campaign stats to date:
Number of missions flown: 12
Aircraft kills: 14 (a careerís worth)
Ground Target kills: 36
Unit aircraft lost: 4
Personal aircraft lost: 1

My wingman has 1kill to date. None of the rest of the first section, or any of the second section has any kills whatsoever. My first wingman is now an oil slick in the South Pacific somewhere; he died with a total of two kills.

I yell (literally, I have Game Voice) at these idiots constantly, assigning them targets and so on, and yet they still use that close proximity tactic, chasing, but never killing their targets.
The game just reeks realism.

Posts: 139 | From: Wilmington NC USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jv44~Siggi
Member # 7455

posted 11-02-2000 05:05 PM     Profile for Jv44~Siggi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is it realistic to expect the Zeros to break-off just cos you ran out of ammo? Are you looking for a free pass back to base? Lol.
Posts: 226 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Kadin
Member # 7372

posted 11-02-2000 05:09 PM     Profile for Kadin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There is nothing wrong to be able to land properly, enter a certain area of an allied Airfield and refuel, reload, and maybe repair. The code exists in mutliplayer so all we need is to find out how to carry it to single player mode...for the ones who needed, of course.
Holliday
Member # 3308

posted 11-02-2000 05:20 PM     Profile for Holliday   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No, itís not realistic to expect the Zeros to disengage just because I have run out of ammo, or because my plane will not turn. I think what people want is the option to cut and run. I can almost always find an opportunity to retreat if necessary. Most of the American planes (with the exception of the Wildcat perhaps) can out run even a George. Retreat ainít always a bad idea. Read a bit of Sun-tzu.
Posts: 139 | From: Wilmington NC USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
AxA
Member # 83

posted 11-02-2000 05:37 PM     Profile for AxA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is anyone else just sick and tired of seeing that "spitting CO chewing you out" screen?!

I've finished a mission, which clearly shows "100%" completed and yet I STILL get Captain "Say it, don't spray it" chewing me out! What gives?!

Also-

I'm sorry, but the comic book interface just plain KILLS the immersion factor for me. If I could, I would hold out on doing new skins and work on replacing the cutscenes MPG's with something more realistic. Hmmm, maybe I'll look into this....

AxA http://www.FlyAndFight.com

Posts: 380 | From: Miami, FL | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Aviar
Member # 3297

posted 11-02-2000 08:10 PM     Profile for Aviar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Picture this:

June,1942.Somewhere in the Pacific.
An American carrier group is under attack from Japanese warplanes.
The carrier has launched it's fighters.A huge furball ensues.The future of the carrier and all it's men is truly in doubt.The air is thick with bullets and flak.The smoke from exploding planes is everywhere.

As the battle rages on,something unusual happens.Ensign Gambit (flying his brand-spankin' new F4F-4 Wildcat) slides back his canopy.He thrusts his arms high above his head and makes a 'T' sign with his hands. "Hey guys,timeout,ok? I'm all out of bullets! Do you mind if I land and re-arm?"

Gambit, I am so sorry. I apologize. I hope there are no hard feelings but I just couldn't help myself. I owe you one.

Aviar

Posts: 196 | From: Bergen County, NJ USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.