my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Scenery Database revisited

Author Topic: Scenery Database revisited
Robert Dean
Member # 7330

posted 11-01-2000 09:31 PM     Profile for Robert Dean   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have just realised what I said in my previous post is not completely accurate.

Despite I have a lots of RAM on board, the scenery database is actutally activated. And it is sitting on C drive no matter you install CFS2 on another H/D (i.e. Home folder is not on C drive).

How do I change the CFS.cfg to divert the path to J drive where my CFS is installed.

Aviar
Member # 3297

posted 11-01-2000 10:48 PM     Profile for Aviar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Robert Dean,

What is the name of the file\folder on your 'C' drive? I have the game installed on my 'E' drive but don't see any CFS2 files on the 'C' drive. (Full install)

Aviar

Posts: 196 | From: Bergen County, NJ USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Robert Dean
Member # 7330

posted 11-02-2000 12:49 AM     Profile for Robert Dean   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think it is the WIN396.SWP file. Because after running a few Free Flight sessions, I got a message saying that my C drive is out of space. Then I realized it's the game causing a big file being written to the C drive. Naturally I suppose the Cache file should be sitting in the Drive which I have my CFS2 installed.
Aviar
Member # 3297

posted 11-02-2000 03:32 AM     Profile for Aviar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Robert Dean,

Well, mine says Win386.swp.....but that is my Virtual Memory swap file. If this is YOUR swap file you can move it to another drive. Just specify to choose your own virtual memory settings and then pick a drive and the size file you prefer. (I have mine on 'D' drive.)

I'm pretty sure the file you describe has not been installed there by the game. I would say that is probably your V.M. swap file.

Aviar

Posts: 196 | From: Bergen County, NJ USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.