my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Props!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Author Topic: Props!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Seawolf
Member # 1787

posted 10-30-2000 11:23 PM     Profile for Seawolf   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can someone please do something about the nasty prop circle in the 3D cockpit. I can't believe MS went with that. The props in CFS were much better and more realistic.
I wonder if the prop in 3D cockpit from CFS can be transferred to CFS2???
Any ideas????

Posts: 1322 | From: Clearwater, Fl. USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
buz13
Member # 546

posted 10-31-2000 09:09 AM     Profile for buz13   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One thing that helps is reducing the RPMs to about 98%. Use shift + minus key. This gives you a prop circle that looks more like EAW.....not perfect but better.
Posts: 385 | From: Seattle, WA USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
MagenDavid
Member # 3784

posted 10-31-2000 09:42 AM     Profile for MagenDavid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i'd have to agree, the props look erhh.. like some dotty spray paint on your window.. bad..
sheesh..

Willem
Member # 6591

posted 10-31-2000 09:52 AM     Profile for Willem   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Going from memory here, but I believe the CFS1 planes in CFS2 have proper props...

Maybe it's easy to fix.

Cheers, Willem.

Posts: 73 | From: Holland | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rayman
Member # 3032

posted 10-31-2000 09:53 AM     Profile for Rayman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Absolutely right, this really pisses me off, too !

------------------
Greetings from the Luftwaffe

Posts: 88 | From: Germany | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
68 Romeo
Member # 7625

posted 10-31-2000 10:34 AM     Profile for 68 Romeo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Turn off hi detailed cockpit,Ill never go back since flying with this setting.Your prop will magically disapear.
Posts: 58 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Gambit21
Member # 17

posted 10-31-2000 11:34 AM     Profile for Gambit21   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep, this keeps me out of the the 3D cockpit completely. Hope someone fixes it.
Pasha
Member # 3391

posted 10-31-2000 03:50 PM     Profile for Pasha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If I knew how to work with the transparency channels, I would be finished already.

Pasha

troy csa
Member # 7518

posted 10-31-2000 06:24 PM     Profile for troy csa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
reminds me of trying to look through a screen door...i dont use the virtsal at all because of it i use the HUD, pisses me off because i feel like i should have a big ol S on my chest when flying in HUD. oh well im gonna trying turning off the detail an give that a shot :0)
Posts: 38 | From: boca raton fl,usa | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
+G
Member # 6747

posted 10-31-2000 08:47 PM     Profile for +G   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Under [PREFS]
PROPELLER_VISIBLE=1

Changing it to
[PREFS]
PROPELLER_VISIBLE=0

should make it go away.

Posts: 64 | From: Bedford, Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Aladar
Member # 6278

posted 10-31-2000 09:55 PM     Profile for Aladar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://aladarsfsdoeherd.homestead.com/main.html You can get 68 Romeos fix for that here!
Vancouver
Member # 6550

posted 10-31-2000 10:40 PM     Profile for Vancouver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Note: this 'fix' removes the prop from external view as well.

Posts: 147 | From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Pasha
Member # 3391

posted 11-01-2000 01:05 AM     Profile for Pasha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hehe best to just change the line in the .cfg, until we can get someone up here to explain transparency channels, or just a readme for the DXT utility that says more than, "Go get em!"..

Pasha

Kadin
Member # 7372

posted 11-01-2000 04:22 AM     Profile for Kadin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
G+,
Have you ever tried the "PROPELLER_VISIBLE=0" before you posted the suggestion?
Is it working for you?

68 Romeo
Member # 7625

posted 11-01-2000 07:56 AM     Profile for 68 Romeo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Setting .cfg to 0 only removes the prop from external view.Im tellin ya the only option right now,until we become a tad wiser with transparencies,is to turn "High detailed cockpit"off.This removes the virtual prop but leaves external.The only thing ive noticed with the low detailed virtual cockpit is the fact that you cant open the cockpit.I can live with that,its better then not being able to see.Cheers
68 Romeo
Member # 7625

posted 11-01-2000 08:06 AM     Profile for 68 Romeo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey pasha E-mail me,I know a little about DXTBMP,It would probobly alow you to do some sight work.I think the proggie is buggie,the latest build i have is dated Nov. 1999.I cant believe this is the latest build.I found you cant alter existing Bmps,you have to create new then convert.As soon as you save an existing extended bmp,even without altering it,it distroys it.I know how you can make gunsights.maybe we could exchange some [email protected] Thanks
Pasha
Member # 3391

posted 11-01-2000 09:04 AM     Profile for Pasha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry my outgoing email is broken for a while.

I have some gunsites, and internal props made..

I thought their might be a problem with the DXT extractor thingy, it drove me insane.

It doesn't save any transparency in the 444-4 format... glad it's not just me, wish it was now that I think of it.

Pasha

Michael 2
Member # 7313

posted 11-01-2000 10:23 AM     Profile for Michael 2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why don't you try BMP 2000 to edit these things?
68 Romeo
Member # 7625

posted 11-01-2000 03:20 PM     Profile for 68 Romeo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Unless you know something i dont,I havnt been able to do anything with it.Im all ears.
Pasha
Member # 3391

posted 11-01-2000 03:37 PM     Profile for Pasha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Because BMP2000 doesn't support the correct color depth.

I figured out how to do transparency today, made a couple awesome gunsites, except there is a line across the transparent edge, I can't seem to get rid of that damn thing..

Only at slight angles, it appears.. must be smoothing working on an 8bit texture..

Pasha

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.