my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » How does time compression work in CFS2?

Author Topic: How does time compression work in CFS2?
Mikemike
Member # 294

posted 10-27-2000 09:50 PM     Profile for Mikemike   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

There is little or nothing in the manual about how to use time compression in single player missions. Has anyone got it to work sucessfully? If so, what's the trick?

Posts: 57 | From: Chilliwack, BC Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ProzacPain
Member # 7328

posted 10-27-2000 10:10 PM     Profile for ProzacPain   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You have to bind a key to it in the options, or hit alt in flight and select it from the "simulation rate" you can make time go slower or faster up to 4x. Helps a lot if you actually feel liking gaining a lot of alt on the way to your WP.
However with no functioning auto pilots its a little hard to stay on course..

Trim does work however... i've only tried using time compression one time (after i found the magical alt menu in flight ala FS2k)

There are a lot of undocumented features in this wonderful program that will soon come to light im sure.

I know there is a way to enable the auto pilot as well as navigation aids and such as it is based on the FS2k engine. Check the control options and check out everything you can map to a key that isn't setup by default. Its rather mind boggling.

Posts: 68 | From: Jacksonville FL USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Truro
Member # 679

posted 10-28-2000 08:23 AM     Profile for Truro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Page 271 shows Ctrl+T as time compression toggle, but it doesn't toggle back off, for me, anyway.
Posts: 1441 | From: Tulsa, Ok | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Mikemike
Member # 294

posted 10-28-2000 05:40 PM     Profile for Mikemike   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Yeah the bind doesn't work at all, but the alt trick that ProzacPain works like a charm. Also as he points out just make sure you have the autopilot on straight-and-level first...

Aviar
Member # 3297

posted 10-28-2000 07:20 PM     Profile for Aviar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Autopilot?

Aviar

Posts: 196 | From: Bergen County, NJ USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mikemike
Member # 294

posted 10-28-2000 07:39 PM     Profile for Mikemike   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

You need to bind keys to make the autopilot work in CFS2 + It's not really mantioned in the manual. Just look under controler assignments/autopilot commands in the in-game settings menu. Then assign one key for the master autopilot no/off, and other keys for the features you wish to incorporate; (I only use "hold altitude", and "hold heading" myself, but there are many more to choose form.)

Geodude
Member # 7524

posted 10-28-2000 09:55 PM     Profile for Geodude   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think Ctrl+R will toggle it off (try it)...

Posts: 20 | From: Minnesota, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Aviar
Member # 3297

posted 10-29-2000 01:07 AM     Profile for Aviar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK. Let me see if this works. Can it take you to a particular waypoint?

Aviar

Geodude
Member # 7524

posted 10-29-2000 01:22 AM     Profile for Geodude   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not that I know of...just turns off time compression...

Posts: 20 | From: Minnesota, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Aviar
Member # 3297

posted 10-29-2000 12:33 PM     Profile for Aviar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes indeed! Most of the aotopilot commands work: Autopilot Master;Wing Leveler;Altitude Hold;Heading Hold;Heading Bug Increment & Decrement. Very nice.

Aviar

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.