my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Yaw Control

Author Topic: Yaw Control
Irish2
Member # 5302

posted 10-27-2000 07:55 PM     Profile for Irish2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Have flt controls set on simplified..(not advanced)...am finding that when engaged,(with bogie) my yaw control bobs left/right, plus am getting a unwanted pitch control problem. Microsoft Precision pro Joystick. Works fine in all other sims. Have attempted to adjusted all settings, along with null...but to no avail...
Any suggestions.??

Posts: 164 | From: St. Louis Mo | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
ProzacPain
Member # 7328

posted 10-27-2000 07:59 PM     Profile for ProzacPain   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
if you are going really fast, like 350-450+ depending on the plane, you will start to get instability and buffeting back and forth (not sure if it works like that on simple flight model)
but thats the only thing that it sounds like to me.

Posts: 68 | From: Jacksonville FL USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Hornit
Member # 962

posted 10-27-2000 11:03 PM     Profile for Hornit   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Are you seeing a slight uncontrollable pitch up during turns? I also see it straight and level. I have seen this also...It seems to happen with all aircraft and while slightly annoying it's not bad. It just kind of bobs a bit at a certain stick position. I have seen this in medium and hard flight model so far. There is another weird bobbing feeling if you push very hard and do negative G.

Hornit

Posts: 955 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
SR
Member # 7183

posted 10-28-2000 04:23 AM     Profile for SR   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Try triming the plane , sounds like that might be it . Try the 7 and 1 keys with the number lock off .

SR

Posts: 142 | From: Michigan , USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Irish2
Member # 5302

posted 10-28-2000 09:33 AM     Profile for Irish2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
S! SR...Trim is set to dead Zero, unless I'm attempting a carrier T.O.

Nornit...It appears that the "bobing effect takes place in tight 5+ G's turns, and as I try to level off to pop a shot off, it starts slewing. It is not as pronounced in the "simplified" mode vs "advanced. Not a show stopper, but a pain in the neck otherwise.

Cheers, and thanks for all input

Posts: 164 | From: St. Louis Mo | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.