my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Can't get it to work.....

Author Topic: Can't get it to work.....
Animal_76
Member # 7581

posted 10-27-2000 10:25 AM     Profile for Animal_76   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi....

This is my first post over here but the folks at my regular stomping ground thought that this would be a good place to get some much sort advice!

I have been waiting for three weeks to get the game over here in the UK, and now that I do I find that I can only fly for about 10 seconds before the game crashes to desk top! Happens to it whatever mode I fly in
System = P111 500
128 RaM
ATI 128 rage Graphics Card
Sound Blaster Pro Sound card

I have tried the default instalation and a full (several times). I am running '98 version 2 and I picked it up in a local store this afternoon. Been tying to play for the last 4 hours but still no luck. It seems to be when I start the engine that I get the trouble. When I am on the deck, I can fire the guns, look around etc, just can't fly the damn thing!

i just paid 30 for this and I want to play! Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance from a complete Newbie

Animal

Posts: 5 | From: Bath, UK | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
riordan
Member # 810

posted 10-27-2000 10:43 AM     Profile for riordan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Animal,

Have you tried the usual driver updates?

riordan

Posts: 202 | From: SA,TX,US | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Peter Tsang
Member # 7573

posted 10-27-2000 10:48 AM     Profile for Peter Tsang   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Animal:

Just trying to get some more data from you for trouble shooting.

1) What is your video driver?
2) Which jet you were playing when the crash happened?
3) What's the version of DirectX you are using?
4) Did you crash on the Carrier or after lifting off (i.e. crash to desktop in the air)

Best regards
Peter Tsang

Posts: 124 | From: Hong Kong | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Animal_76
Member # 7581

posted 10-27-2000 12:10 PM     Profile for Animal_76   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, I am getting there.

I just had a sudden thought about turing off parts of the system at a time to try an see what was causing the problem. I Turned off the "enable hardware acceleration" and it all seems to work, It MUST be the drivers. I thought that I had the latest ones, but I can't have. Can someone reccomend a site to try?

Thanks

Animal

Peter Tsang
Member # 7573

posted 10-27-2000 12:30 PM     Profile for Peter Tsang   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Animal:

The latest version should be 4.12.6292. Try this link:

http://support.atitech.ca/drivers/rage128.html

Good luck!

------------------
Best regards
Peter Tsang

Posts: 124 | From: Hong Kong | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Animal_76
Member # 7581

posted 10-29-2000 07:10 AM     Profile for Animal_76   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Peter,

Thanks very much for your help, it was my driver after all, how stupid do I feel......

Its playing really well now, I just got to learn how to put down onto carriers now!

Thanks again for your help, much appreciated.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.