my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Is it possible....

Author Topic: Is it possible....
Robert Dean
Member # 7330

posted 10-27-2000 09:31 AM     Profile for Robert Dean   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I now have several imported aircrafts including Spitfire and Messerschmitt BF-109E downloaded from simviation.com.

My problem now is being unable to play these downloaded aicrafts in customized missions created by mission editor. Are there any workarounds to enable them in the Mission Editor?

Also how do I make these downloaded aircrafts AI capable so I can fight against with?

Tons of thanks!

von_M
Member # 181

posted 10-27-2000 01:02 PM     Profile for von_M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's strange, I've had no problem using imported planes in my custom missions...

Do they work in Quick Combat?

------------------
Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori.. -From the Odes of Horace.

Posts: 459 | From: London, Ontario. Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Robert Dean
Member # 7330

posted 10-27-2000 03:52 PM     Profile for Robert Dean   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Von_M:

You should not have problems only if you are flying solo against your enemy without your own wingmen.

Inthe Mission Builder, if you compose a wing you need to specify a a/c type from the list. If you pull down th elist, you will only have those default flyables. Add-ons never appear.

When you go to fly your custom mission so created, you will end up say, you being Spitfire MkXIV whereas your wingmen are Corsair! Try and you will see what I mean.

I guess, there is a way to modify the .AIR file of the imported a/c so that they will appear on the list. So you can have a wing of 4 imported Spitfire Mk XIV for instance. Get it?

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.