my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Questions about downloadable planes

Author Topic: Questions about downloadable planes
Robert Dean
Member # 7330

posted 10-25-2000 04:44 AM     Profile for Robert Dean   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks to pointers given by many fans up here, I managed to find out a number of popular sites for downloading additional a/c finally.

These planes are great work. Surely the people who designed and put them together have had spent quite a lots of effort.

However, since I am very new to the FS and CFS series of games, so still trying to find my way out of a few problems.

Well..installing these a/c is not much troubles at all. But some of the plane's panels do have problems. They display only partially; upper part mostly without the bit at the bottom of the screen. And sometimes they keep on flashing thus appear on and off. Some requires placing the mouse cursor somewhere on the missing part to make them appear. It's quite weird and a pity since the cockpit .bmp promises quite a good artwork.

Another question is: is it quite a norm that no matter these planes that I have downloaded are fighters or bombers, they are only equipped with guns and no bombs? It's because I have downloaded this admirable bomber Sud-East 100B, and happily the panel got all worked out without any problems at all. It is nearly perfect except that there is no Bomb loadouts. Are Bomb loadout configurations being governed by the .air file? And by the way, what does this .air file do?

[This message has been edited by Robert Dean (edited 10-25-2000).]

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.