my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » F4U-1 Ken Walsh -Nice - question

Author Topic: F4U-1 Ken Walsh -Nice - question
SPOT
Member # 453

posted 10-24-2000 10:42 PM     Profile for SPOT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Airbuddah, you and your associates created a nice, rare variant of the Corsair . CF2 and your creations has actually got me considering getting the software from Abacus to see if I can try making something. Is that the company you got the software from to make the 3D shapes and animations. I like the touch with the tail hook - animation is neat.

I guess the flight model is accurate since I go killed on my first takeoff.
My PII, 128RAM
333MHZ PC doesn't do CF2 or your F4U1 justice.

Question - anyway to turn the blinking nav lights off - I don't need them but Japanese love them?

Nice product, sir.

Airbuddha
Member # 227

posted 10-25-2000 06:24 AM     Profile for Airbuddha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks SPOT,

My F4U-1A is the most popular of the three I built, but the F4U-1 Birdcage that you have is my favorite.

I use Abacus FS Design Studio Pro. I can't say enough good things about it. The only addition I would like to see to the program is a ruler that pops out and whacks you on the knuckles once you start getting carried away with the polygon count.

I hate those lights worse than you do. They drive me crazy, and so does that blasted radio wire that flashes red at times.

Unfortunately, I lost all the source code to my planes a few weeks ago, and can't make those modifications. I've started re-building them all again.

The planes I'm working now will work fine in large numbers during quick combat and multiplayer, unlike the planes I have now.

I'm sure Microsoft will soon be providing some relief for model builders, once their SDK is released, so that our planes can have competitive frame rate performance to theirs when similarly built.

Regards, Airbuddha
The Hangar

Posts: 430 | From: Slipper Gut, WV, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
SPOT
Member # 453

posted 10-25-2000 12:11 PM     Profile for SPOT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for your prompt reply Airbuddha.
Your creations and the player addons for JanesWWIF really got me interested in trying to learn the in and outs of creating a 3D object for a flight sim. The other sim I enjoy is JanesWWIIF - but it's not as accessible for player creations as CF2 is. After visiting your website I can see
the possibilities. I'll be ordering the Abacus software this week.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.