my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Loading between areas when using X to skip to action

Author Topic: Loading between areas when using X to skip to action
mmeechan
Member # 6461

posted 10-24-2000 12:04 PM     Profile for mmeechan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is there a way to eliminate or at least speed up the load times when you skip to the next scene? In other sims this is pretty much seamless. I have to wait 3-10 seconds. I know it doesn't seem like much but it kind of takes away from the immersion
I beleive I did the recommended install (ie NOT the 900MB one) does that install have the same issue? I would gladly sacrifice more of my HDD for this to go away.

Check six!

Posts: 43 | From: Toronto,Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Pasha
Member # 3391

posted 10-24-2000 03:13 PM     Profile for Pasha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Other sims only take a second because they don't use the complicated, realistic, cool and quite unique elevation data to lay the textures on.

You can't stop it, unless you just fly all the WPs.

Pasha

Nimits
Member # 7442

posted 10-24-2000 03:56 PM     Profile for Nimits   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have the full install, and the same problem.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.