my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Look at these posts!

Author Topic: Look at these posts!
KENNETH
Member # 5852

posted 10-24-2000 08:10 AM     Profile for KENNETH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Almost every one of them is a plea for HELP or something about unrealistic this or that.
Micro$oft has done it again. Be in the Bargain Bin in a month or so. Guaranteed.
It's really a shame, too. We need a cool, REALISTIC Pacific Theater sim. What a drag.

Posts: 315 | From: Dayton, OH,USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
riordan
Member # 810

posted 10-24-2000 08:49 AM     Profile for riordan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great. So go return yours and then forget you ever came here. Negativity does not improve anything.

riordan

Posts: 202 | From: SA,TX,US | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Rodger Bilko
Member # 2170

posted 10-24-2000 08:53 AM     Profile for Rodger Bilko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Have a wee cuppa and settle yourself down.

------------------
Chocks away, back soon old chap and hey, stay away from Mrs Bilko or I'll give you a damn good thrashing with my STICK

Enlève les cales! Je reviens tout de suite mon vieux; et surtout, tu restes bien loin de Mme Bilko ou je te filerai une bonne grosse rouste avec mon BÂTON.

Zwolnic bloki, wracam niedlugo stary pryku i hej, zostaw Pania Bilko w spokoju albo dam ci dobry wycisk moim KIJKIEM.

От винта, старина, я вернусь скоро, а ты держись подальше от миссис Билко, а не то я проучу тебя моей ПАЛКОЙ!

Posts: 6836 | From: Belfast. Northern Ireland. UK | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bill Hewett
Member # 115

posted 10-24-2000 09:10 AM     Profile for Bill Hewett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
People are critical, as we always are. But the good news is that most everyone caveats their complaints with "but overall I'm having a lot of fun with this sim." If you don't have it - get it. If you do and are within the very small minority that some how feels short changed then simply return it and don't visit this forum any longer. Simple!
Posts: 1279 | From: MA, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
dvargas24
Member # 4045

posted 10-24-2000 09:16 AM     Profile for dvargas24   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well duh, nobody posts things like "hi, it works perfect for me...just thought i'd share".

most people come here to see if problems are unique to them, and if not, how to fix them. you'll find gripes and complaints in any forum on this board.

Posts: 230 | From: Aurora, IL, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
riordan
Member # 810

posted 10-24-2000 10:03 AM     Profile for riordan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know that people complain here, myself included. I have posted numerous complaints about several sims here. However, there is a difference between that and trolling or bashing. Posts like these are not productive in the least. If you don't like it, tell the developer so they can make it better next time. I seriously doubt these folks are emailing MS complaining. Therefore, there is little to be gained by these types of posts, and lots to be lost for the people who enjoy it. What do we have to lose? Additions to the community. Lots of people look here before they buy, and posts like that just discourage some. Then we lose as the community doesn't grow...etc.

riordan

Posts: 202 | From: SA,TX,US | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Nimits
Member # 7442

posted 10-24-2000 10:58 AM     Profile for Nimits   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Come on, I am new to this forum, but not to message boards over all. Tell me what war flight simulator that was released in perfect condition, or any war game in general. That this has some flight model problems does not ruin it. What other WW2 flight simulator can come close to this game. The only possibilities are EAW and WW2 Fighters, but those are both very old (and WW2 Fighters had its hare of FM quirks/bugs). Frankly, I have found this game to be very enjoyable.
Jamess Young
Member # 7498

posted 10-24-2000 11:10 AM     Profile for Jamess Young   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just think what has happened is now our expectation has been upped a notch. This game, flaws and all, is best thing out there at this moment. Someone else will come along with better game soon, but know this game is king. Remeber when the Corsair came out they guys thay flew them at first wished for something better but as time passed the Corsair came into it's own. "With the help of the pilots". The dedicated fan "pilots" will make the improvements to awe the most sceptical person.
Posts: 19 | From: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Pasha
Member # 3391

posted 10-24-2000 03:20 PM     Profile for Pasha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This sim is great, it's a sim.

I wish I didn't have to deal with posts about add-on planes, that's the only thing I hate about M$ flight sims, too much variation from one install, to another, the add on planes are always pretty silly, and you can't tell nobody nothing, cause they are genius, the likes of which I've never known.

Pasha

Dickby
Member # 2950

posted 10-24-2000 03:57 PM     Profile for Dickby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All you guys who have flown EAW from day one (like myself) will remember what a dog it
was!Well...look at it now!I have no doubt, with all the talent out there, CFS2 will undergo the same metamorphosis (huh?).Be patient and wait for the goodies to come.
Dickby

Posts: 108 | From: Trumbull,Ct U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Wolfar
Member # 6843

posted 10-24-2000 04:05 PM     Profile for Wolfar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL Dickby, Heck I formed a squad for EAW before it even hit the streets. AHHHHhhhh the complaints rants and raves FAR out did what I am see here! EAW was a DOG! But is a gem now. Hang in there.
Salute
Wolfar

Posts: 64 | From: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
phaeden
Member # 2324

posted 10-24-2000 04:12 PM     Profile for phaeden   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
but daddy, I want a Golden Goose NOW!!!
Posts: 85 | From: Oceanside, California | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Red Wolf
Member # 7271

posted 10-24-2000 04:39 PM     Profile for Red Wolf   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
When you see a game that generates lots of posts like CFS2, just buy it!! Think man!! It means that a lot of people are playing, for a while and finding some problems here and there and they have hopes to get it fixed! If we actually thought the game sucks, nobody would care, pictures wouldn't be posted, mods wouldn't come out and you wouldn't even see complains because nobody cares!! If you don't agree, just check all the posts. The best games always have the biggest number of posts, regardless if they are complains, picture posts, FM discussions...
Games that completely, majorly suck like Nations: Fighter Command, don't even have a message board and if they do, it would probably have -2 posts, because nobody cares, you can barely stand playing for 5 minutes.

Posts: 45 | From: Plantation, FL | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ajax
Member # 1986

posted 10-24-2000 04:49 PM     Profile for Ajax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
regardless if they are complains, picture posts, FM discussions...

Or babe posts...or war comics...or Radio Free EAW...HEE HEE HEE!!

------------------
-Ajax out

--------------------
"Je suis un Canadien québécois, un Français canadien-français. Un Américain du Nord français. Un francophone québécois canadien. On est des Canadiens américains francophones."-Elvis Gratton
--------------------
"You always use violence. I should've ordered glutinous rice chicken" -Anonymous

Red Wolf
Member # 7271

posted 10-24-2000 04:55 PM     Profile for Red Wolf   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good point Ajax!! I forgot the babe posts.
WE WANT MORE OF THOSE!!!

Aviar
Member # 3297

posted 10-24-2000 07:40 PM     Profile for Aviar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Red Wolf,

You have something very valuable: Common Sense. Good post!

Aviar

Posts: 196 | From: Bergen County, NJ USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Seawolf
Member # 1787

posted 10-24-2000 07:54 PM     Profile for Seawolf   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
May I remind anyone how many copies of the original CFS sold? It was by far perfect, BUT the possibilities are endless. Thank you MS for giving us such a open sim to add what we like and want to it.

BTW- I am having a blast torping ships in the campaign with the TBM!

Posts: 1322 | From: Clearwater, Fl. USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Red Wolf
Member # 7271

posted 10-24-2000 08:16 PM     Profile for Red Wolf   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Aviar. It takes just a little bit of common sense to realize ships do not sail through beaches and if 1 torpedo sinks a carrier, a 10 plane squadron can sink an entire fleet in one pass. LOL.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.