my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » What AMD Patch do I need?

Author Topic: What AMD Patch do I need?
tantra
Member # 6352

posted 10-23-2000 07:58 PM     Profile for tantra   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have an AMD Athlon 850mhz w/ 500mb ram and a Geforce 2, but my system crashes a lot when playing CFS2. I have been told that I need to get a patch from AMD and it also mentions in the CFS2 Read-me file that AMD users need a patch. However the read me file does not menttion the name or the exact address, it give the URL, but that just takes you to the generic AMD download page.
Does any one know what patch I need?
Thanks in advance.
Adam

Posts: 51 | From: Denver CO USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
DaBaTT
Member # 895

posted 10-23-2000 08:05 PM     Profile for DaBaTT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Tantra!

I have an AMD K7 ATHLON 550 mhz and V3 3500 video card also 128 meg PC133 ram and at 1024 x 768 it runs smooth as glass. You don't need no stinking patch. There must be something else wrong my friend!

DaBaTT
=======================================
Ever dance with the devil by the pale moonlite

[This message has been edited by DaBaTT (edited 10-23-2000).]

Posts: 186 | From: Naples, Fl, USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Viking1
Member # 5

posted 10-23-2000 08:12 PM     Profile for Viking1     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There are a number of possibilities. Check out http://www.viahardware.com first. You may need the Via4in1 update driver for your mainboard. If running WIN98 SE there is also a USB driver update you may need, probably also part of the 4in1 update.
Posts: 917 | From: Kelowna BC CANADA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Li'lJugs
Member # 5015

posted 10-23-2000 08:15 PM     Profile for Li'lJugs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tantra,

I have an Athlon 800 and Voodoo 5-5500, and have only run a couple of training missions so far (I just got it a couple of hours ago), but have no problems so far, except the audio for the instructer is hard to hear.

I, too, went to AMD's site, but it seemed to me like all the patches were for the K6 processers (sp). Anyone with the "right answer"?

Posts: 1495 | From: State of Confusion | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
MaxxG
Member # 3371

posted 10-23-2000 08:38 PM     Profile for MaxxG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Li'lJugs:

I, too, went to AMD's site, but it seemed to me like all the patches were for the K6 processers (sp). Anyone with the "right answer"?

There are no patches on the AMD site for Athlons. This was probably a rumour started by an "Intel" user who wishes he had saved 30% and gotten more HP in the bargain There are updates for mainboards that use AMD North/South bridge chipsets.

Give us some details about your mainboard, drivers, bios version bla bla bala.

Posts: 144 | From: Dartmouth, NS, Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
tantra
Member # 6352

posted 10-23-2000 09:39 PM     Profile for tantra   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thnaks all,
I Downloaded some new drivers Geforce and it seemed to help, but the read me file does mention a patch I have to DL.
Anyway, thanks again.

Posts: 51 | From: Denver CO USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.