my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » HUD and "outside view"?

Author Topic: HUD and "outside view"?
Li'lJugs
Member # 5015

posted 10-23-2000 06:46 PM     Profile for Li'lJugs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I asked this ? on MS's message board (if you want to call it that!) for CFS1 a long time ago, but got no answer. That board was terrible, by the way.

Anyway, is there any way to get the HUD to display while in the outside view? I realize this is not "realistic", but think how much fun it would be to be able to watch your a/c shooting down the bad guys, or doing anything, really, while still having the basic flight info available. OK, maybe I'm the only one who thinks this would be cool, but what about it?

Posts: 1495 | From: State of Confusion | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Li'lJugs
Member # 5015

posted 10-23-2000 07:56 PM     Profile for Li'lJugs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*bump* Sorry, impatient!
Doc Halliday
Member # 1242

posted 10-24-2000 08:39 AM     Profile for Doc Halliday     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Doubt it. WW2F has those great pop up instruments inside and outside...CFS never went that far, I suspect CFS2 won't get there either. You can use Shift Z to get a/s, heading and alt along the top of your screen though, that's what I am using now, the HUD actually reduced my FPS...
Posts: 121 | From: Syracuse, NY | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Li'lJugs
Member # 5015

posted 10-25-2000 09:59 AM     Profile for Li'lJugs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Doc, thanks-why didn't I think of that? Too busy using shift-z for the frame rate counter that I never even looked at what came before it, I guess. That should be enough info to keep me relatively straight and level while between waypoints-love that spot view!
Robert Dean
Member # 7330

posted 10-25-2000 10:41 AM     Profile for Robert Dean   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Talking about views..have you realized that the default view is magnified (i.e. zoom out) ? How do I get it reset without pressing "\" key everytime I start a flight.

P.S. Actually, all pan views are also "zoomed out" by default.

riordan
Member # 810

posted 10-25-2000 11:49 AM     Profile for riordan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Go read avsim.com fs2k forums for info on changing startup views. search for seat height or views.

riordan

Posts: 202 | From: SA,TX,US | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Robert Dean
Member # 7330

posted 10-25-2000 01:05 PM     Profile for Robert Dean   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
riordan:

Truly appreciate. It's a great site though I have found anything yet. But it's a Knowledge base there and I'm sure I can find what I need there along with other info.

mmeechan
Member # 6461

posted 10-25-2000 01:10 PM     Profile for mmeechan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
what is wrong with the F3 view with the target reticle and the flight info to the right. I agree it would be nice to have more info but....

Posts: 43 | From: Toronto,Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.