my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » A real bug (but minor)

Author Topic: A real bug (but minor)
Von Fauster
Member # 1106

posted 10-23-2000 02:44 PM     Profile for Von Fauster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If this has been mentioned before, please forgive me. But if it hasn't, I just want to get it on record in case there is going to be a patch: I think I found a real bug (but it's not a show stopper):

I was flying an American Campaign (F6f, I'm sorry that I don't remember the exact time, but it was one of the later (maybe 2nd to last, or last) time frames. 2nd mission I think. Was directed to do a basic CAP or ground strike (Guam I think). Alt-X- then was informed of change to mission objectives. Redirected to destroy three Japanese destroyers. The third destroyer veered left toward the land. I watched to see if it would run aground-- but instead it sailed THROUGH the island! Over hill and dale! And kept shooting flak the whole way. Indeed, I could score hits back at it too. It was like the island wasn't even there. On the other hand, when I botched a low pass and actually hit a hill on the island, my plane exploded. Hmmm.

On the whole, I think the game really rocks. Brings me back to my Aces of the Pacific days (which I still have on 5 1/4 inch disks-but it's been a while since I've had a 'puter with a drive to match those disks!)

Anyway, thought I'd mention it.

Thanks, and Good Hunting!

Posts: 30 | From: Portland, OR, USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Nimits
Member # 7442

posted 10-23-2000 02:49 PM     Profile for Nimits   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have seen the same thing. A bit goofy and annoying. I hope they fix that, but it is not a showstopper. What is really funny is being able to land on inside the island. All well not evrything is perfeect, and flush -decked carriers are easier to land on.
Madmatt
Member # 7412

posted 10-23-2000 04:00 PM     Profile for Madmatt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yup, I saw a freighter do the same thing last night. Kinda cool with the wake as it cuts through the terrain.

I have also just recently run into the bug with bullet hole decals being slightly ABOVE the surface of my wings instead of ON the wing.

Madmatt

------------------
If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!
Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission and home of the CMMC
CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 10-23-2000).]

Posts: 5 | From: Cincinnati,Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Nimits
Member # 7442

posted 10-23-2000 04:34 PM     Profile for Nimits   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have seen that one as well, in the same mission as the amphibious destroyer.
Red Wolf
Member # 7271

posted 10-23-2000 06:54 PM     Profile for Red Wolf   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have also seen ships go right through each other. This game looks so realistic that this kind of bug messes up my day...
Posts: 45 | From: Plantation, FL | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
GeoffP
Member # 1089

posted 10-23-2000 07:00 PM     Profile for GeoffP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The help file for the mission builder states that ships can sail through land, so it advises us to make sure to draw movement paths through water(!).
Red Wolf
Member # 7271

posted 10-23-2000 07:35 PM     Profile for Red Wolf   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great explanation but when ships are attacked they start emergency maneuvers, which indeed are really cool compared to any other previous game where they keep their course like sitting ducks. Those emergency maneuvers cause them to cross through each other as well as land.
Posts: 45 | From: Plantation, FL | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.