my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Hey what is this stuff doing in here?

Author Topic: Hey what is this stuff doing in here?
Wolfar
Member # 6843

posted 10-23-2000 07:09 AM     Profile for Wolfar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Found this in my .cfg file. Not being a programer so this struck me as wierd.

[AIRtoCONTAINER]
SIM1=Cessna Skylane 182R RG
SIM2=Learjet 45
SIM3=Schweizer 2-32 Sailplane
SIM4=Sopwith Camel
SIM5=Extra 300S
SIM6=Boeing 737-400

Boy won't those Zeros be freaked out when I fire up my 737.
Salute
Wolfar

Posts: 64 | From: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
shockwave11
Member # 7057

posted 10-23-2000 07:57 AM     Profile for shockwave11   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If momry serves me correctly, CF2 was built on the FS2000 engine. I have FS2000 Professional and these are the planes that come with it. It wouldn't suprise me if you can activate them somehow...

Posts: 24 | From: Jackson, NJ, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
cptSwordfish
Member # 7320

posted 10-23-2000 09:00 AM     Profile for cptSwordfish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They did this deliberately for people who also own FS2000. You'll find that all the gauges and sounds from FS2000 are also included with CFS2. The reason they did this was to facilitate importing of aircraft from FS2000 as well as the many thousands of freeware aircraft out there. You can copy all the FS2000 aircraft into CFS2 by going copying all the directories inside of c:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FS2000\Aircraft and placing them in the aircraft directory of CFS2. I copied over the Sopwith Camel just to make sure it worked, and it did. They even included a special gun sound for the Sopwith that sounds pretty cool.

------------------

..:: cpt. Swordfish ::..

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.