my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Command name for open canopy .. please help”””

Author Topic: Command name for open canopy .. please help”””
jean1
Member # 7344

posted 10-22-2000 10:17 PM     Profile for jean1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

I can“t find the command that open the canopy, under what command I have to assig a key for the open/close the canopy?
please help

plummerx
Member # 3213

posted 10-22-2000 10:26 PM     Profile for plummerx   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
shift+C
Posts: 570 | From: Graham WA USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Robert Dean
Member # 7330

posted 10-22-2000 10:41 PM     Profile for Robert Dean   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think it's Ctrl-E. It requires gear down if you are in the air.

[This message has been edited by Robert Dean (edited 10-22-2000).]

Valkyrie
Member # 2026

posted 10-22-2000 10:52 PM     Profile for Valkyrie     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't think it requires the gear to be down on air.
the command in the key assignment is "Open Main Exit"

Posts: 145 | From: Madison, Wisconsin, USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Vancouver
Member # 6550

posted 10-23-2000 12:33 AM     Profile for Vancouver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Toggle Canopy: Shift-C
Toggle Wings: Shift-W
Open Cowl Flaps: Shift-E
Close Cowl Flaps: Ctrl-E

The gear does not need to be down to open the canopy.

By the way, all of the commands are listed in the Command Assignments section under Settings in the main interface.

[This message has been edited by Vancouver (edited 10-23-2000).]

Posts: 147 | From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
352ndFG_Magnus
Member # 7478

posted 10-23-2000 02:29 AM     Profile for 352ndFG_Magnus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone got an idea if we could "share" the keyboard command? It seems to me that only a few command are mapped in the default setup and I allways find it unbeliveble boring to setup all the caoomands, yeah I know I“m lazy.
And are there any good printable Keyboards layouts out there. Besides I think this game rocks big time. Bought the CFS1 when it was relesed but never liked it.
This game however is alot of fun.

Magnus

Posts: 5 | From: Gothenburg | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
jean1
Member # 7344

posted 10-23-2000 09:45 PM     Profile for jean1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yes the kaeymap is saved like a *.sav file
Robert Dean
Member # 7330

posted 10-24-2000 10:30 AM     Profile for Robert Dean   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have found something in the Key Assignment in Settings. Ctrl-E = Opening Exit. There are apparently no commands for canopy in particular, if I have not missed anything.
buz13
Member # 546

posted 10-24-2000 10:36 AM     Profile for buz13   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
gear does not need to be down but cockpit must be in high res. mode.
Posts: 385 | From: Seattle, WA USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Talon_335th
Member # 7497

posted 10-24-2000 12:01 PM     Profile for Talon_335th   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Robert, i believe it is becasue you have the default com,nads set as "FS/CFS1" style, not the new "CFS2" ones. so for you it might be ctrl+E. you can switch back to cfs2 style by hitting "reset defaults" and selecting "CFS2" in the menu that will come up.

S! Talon

mmeechan
Member # 6461

posted 10-24-2000 12:06 PM     Profile for mmeechan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Does the canopy have to be open for you to eject? OOO? I've ejected twice and died both times.

Posts: 43 | From: Toronto,Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Robert Dean
Member # 7330

posted 10-24-2000 12:53 PM     Profile for Robert Dean   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Talon, I have realized that. In fact I have reinstalled because I got no Mission Editor in my last installation which was a partial one.

After the installation, the keys are all diffrent and it comes to me that CFS2 has been activated. I then tried Ctrl-E. Still the messages came up but the canopy doesn't seem to have opened.

Robert Dean
Member # 7330

posted 10-24-2000 12:54 PM     Profile for Robert Dean   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
mmeechan: The eject works brilliantly. Have you pressed one more time while you were in the air beacuse it doesn't open the chute otherwise.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.