my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Video stutters with sound on

Author Topic: Video stutters with sound on
John J
Member # 7465

posted 10-22-2000 04:32 PM     Profile for John J   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi guys,
I've got a problem I was hoping someone could help me with. I did search the archives and didn't find anything relating to this.
When I get close to another plane, especially passing head on at a high closure, or when I shoot up a plane and explosions and things start to happen,.....the video stutters and is horrible. Its almost like a HUGE drop in FPS to like 1-5 or something.
Now, when I turn the sound off, this doesn't happen. What gives? Any ideas on what I can do? If you do give me one, please speak in very laymans terms as far as directions as I am not a huge techie, I just play games
Specs:
intel 333
128 ram
sb live value
saitek usb x36
voodooII sli 24mg

Thanks,
John

John J
Member # 7465

posted 10-22-2000 04:45 PM     Profile for John J   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh yeah, this happens no matter what level the graphics are set to.
John

+G
Member # 6747

posted 10-22-2000 05:09 PM     Profile for +G   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Some people have notice this going away by doing two things.

1) Adding more RAM to their systems.
2) Start/Settings/Control Panel/Multimedia/Audio/Sound Playback/Advanced/Performance/Hardware Acceleration. Drop the acceleration down a notch.

Posts: 64 | From: Bedford, Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bando
Member # 7248

posted 10-22-2000 05:51 PM     Profile for Bando   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
reinstalling the old creative drivers fixed my sb pci 128, i also heard disabling midi in the control panel works. i had the default win ME drivers until i tried the older ones, fixed the problem
Posts: 43 | From: brant, on, can | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
John J
Member # 7465

posted 10-22-2000 06:06 PM     Profile for John J   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hey,
tried knocking back the sound accel. a notch and the sound became all messed up. Don't know how to disable midi on this sblive value, might look at the help file or something. Also, anyone know how to get rid of the goofy targeting brackets? I don't know what i hit to make them show up but I can find the command to get rid of them. any help?
John

Arclight
Member # 7244

posted 10-22-2000 07:02 PM     Profile for Arclight   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bando:

Where did you get the old drivers for the pci 128 card?

could you send them to me?

Thx
Arc

Posts: 73 | From: A Small Cow & Oil Town Out West (An Old P-38 Base) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bando
Member # 7248

posted 10-22-2000 07:20 PM     Profile for Bando   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.creativehelp.com/files/download.asp?OS=Win98&prod=sbpci128

hope that shows up as a link, these are actually older win98 drivers (they work fine) and have the tray icon with 3d sound adjustments and stuff.

I have the midi waveset as well, if you dont have it it will bug you when you start up windows every time, leave your icq # if you need them .

Posts: 43 | From: brant, on, can | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.