my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Crashing CFS2

Author Topic: Crashing CFS2
Flanker35M
Member # 7450

posted 10-22-2000 02:05 AM     Profile for Flanker35M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
S!

After installing and testing this new sim the system began this old and familiar MS-stuff like blue screen and freezing...Is this related to the statement in the Readme which says that AMD users should get an unspecified patch from AMD?Well..nevertheless I can't fly the sim but from a few seconds to a few minutes and then the inevitable reboot is needed.My system is as follows:

AMD T-Bird 850MHz
Abit KT7-RAID (latest BIOS and VIA 4in1 v4.24)
128Mb PC100 SDRAM
Creative GeForce2 GTS (Detonator 3 v6.31)
Win98SE (UK) + DirectX 7.0a
TerraTec DMX Fire1024 sound card (latest drivers)

So has any1 else got these bluescreens/freezing with VIA-based chipsets and how did You cure them?Any advice is appreciated,since those battles await!

Flanker

PS! Thanx Airbuddha for great new planes.

Triton900
Member # 7440

posted 10-22-2000 02:11 AM     Profile for Triton900   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey there Flanker, I dont think I can really help you much but except for the CPU I have the same system with an extra 128 RAM, anyway I have seen a post that read something like "AMD users read this" Might be woth looking into. Dont give up this is a great sim!
Posts: 20 | From: Seattle WA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Flanker35M
Member # 7450

posted 10-22-2000 02:27 AM     Profile for Flanker35M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
S!

Thanx Triton.I will look up for it.After some research I have (maybe) isolated the fault to the soundcard.But can't be sure since there are others saying that the CFS2 doesn't support VIA's KT133 chipsets well?
Well..back to work again!

Flanker

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.