my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » MS Combat Flight Simulator 2   » Taking off in a TBD

Author Topic: Taking off in a TBD
Nimits
Member # 7442

posted 10-21-2000 05:48 PM     Profile for Nimits   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Has anyone gotten of a carrier consistantly with a loaded torpedo bomber? I have not gotten off once with the TBD, only 1 out of 7 in the TBF and 2 out of 5 in the B5N (I can get the fighters off every time). I have tried all the tricks I know, and I just can't seem to get enough speed to keep airborne after leaving the carrier deck.
Viper18372
Member # 6383

posted 10-21-2000 06:14 PM     Profile for Viper18372   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can do it all the time. The trick is use the flaps only one notch and make the plane run on two wheels down the carrier. Cowl flaps are ok.

Also, try backing up to the very back, you get at least 20 more knots.

~VIPER OUT

Posts: 171 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Hawk
Member # 1462

posted 10-21-2000 06:49 PM     Profile for Hawk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How in the name of the Wild World of Sports do ya back a plane up on deck ?

------------------
Hawk VMF-124

Posts: 76 | From: Va. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
MaxxG
Member # 3371

posted 10-21-2000 06:58 PM     Profile for MaxxG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here's how I do it:

1) Set the brake and start the engine
2) One notch of flaps
3) full throttle for about 3~4 seconds
4) release the brake
5) wait till you reach the end of the carrier
6) pull back "just a bit" on the stick
7) get the gear up just as you leave the carrier
8) DON'T be tempted to pull to hard or far back on the stick
9) once you start to gain altitude, bring the flaps up

Hope this helps!

Posts: 144 | From: Dartmouth, NS, Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Doc Halliday
Member # 1242

posted 10-22-2000 09:12 AM     Profile for Doc Halliday     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Another trick, Remember the mission name, open up the mission builder and edit that mission. Click on the carrier and increase it's speed to 30 kts. This is one sure fix I have found.

Side note, It wouldn't let me open the Mission Builder with CFS2 running, even minimized, but you'll figure that out...

Posts: 121 | From: Syracuse, NY | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Jv44~Siggi
Member # 7455

posted 10-22-2000 09:28 AM     Profile for Jv44~Siggi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Another trick: Have the tail/rear gunner fire his guns all the way thru take-off. Should give you a couple of extra knots.
Posts: 226 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Wolfar
Member # 6843

posted 10-22-2000 10:31 AM     Profile for Wolfar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh my this is the same Siggi I remember! HA HA! Gunner = extra speed GOOD ONE!
Salute
Wolfar

Posts: 64 | From: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.